Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Existence
2007 JK Wrangler 

Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards

I'm thinking about getting a set of these.

I don't plan on using them as sliders, just some added protection.

The install method does have me a bit concerned due to the fact that it seems to be chassis and body mounted.

Any opinions would be great....

Body Armor JK-4121 - Body Armor Rockcrawler Side Guards for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Unread 03-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I'm planning on getting the same ones. I'm really thorough when it comes to research and I haven't seen much about them, but I did find a couple of posts on another forum and the guys using them were satisfied and said they are pretty solid.

Body Armor is coming out with a new rail in May (pictures are already in some catalogs), so many retailers have these on clearance for a lot less than what Quadratec is selling them for.

Check out www.jeep4x4center.com. They have a jeepforum discount code FORUM9 (I think). Also check the body armor website, a few days ago they had a set on there (blemished) for under $300.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
Existence
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
I'm planning on getting the same ones. I'm really thorough when it comes to research and I haven't seen much about them, but I did find a couple of posts on another forum and the guys using them were satisfied and said they are pretty solid.

Body Armor is coming out with a new rail in May (pictures are already in some catalogs), so many retailers have these on clearance for a lot less than what Quadratec is selling them for.

Check out www.jeep4x4center.com. They have a jeepforum discount code FORUM9 (I think). Also check the body armor website, a few days ago they had a set on there (blemished) for under $300.
Thanks, that is one of the reasons I was looking at these. Both 4wd and Quadratec have them on special. I also have to add a crap load of shipping costs onto the price.
Unread 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post
Thanks, that is one of the reasons I was looking at these. Both 4wd and Quadratec have them on special. I also have to add a crap load of shipping costs onto the price.
After I answered, I saw where you were at. You might be better off getting someone local to make you a set of rails.
Unread 03-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
dallas01
2009 JK Wrangler 

I got a set off of E-Bay last month as they had free shipping. They were around 250-275$ and new. Very easy to install and look great. I am not an extreme off roading person but they have saved me already when crossing some large rocks. I think they look good and help my wife when she gets in and out. Very solid as I jump up/down on them (250 pounds) and rock solid!Good luck!
dallas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
mike1087
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i just ordered a set of these for $302 shipped. also where did you see that they were body mounted? from what i recall looking at the install it was just chassis mounted

Body Armor - Jeep JK - Side Bars
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1087 View Post
i just ordered a set of these for $302 shipped. also where did you see that they were body mounted? from what i recall looking at the install it was just chassis mounted

Thanks for sharing the link.
Unread 03-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post
I'm thinking about getting a set of these.

I don't plan on using them as sliders, just some added protection.

The install method does have me a bit concerned due to the fact that it seems to be chassis and body mounted.

I just looked at the installation instructions, and I don't see anywhere that it is mounting to the body. It only mounts to the frame/chassis.

I too would be concerned if it mounted to both. But I don't think that is the case.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
Existence
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I looked at so many instruction manuals I think I got them mixed up with another brand. Chassis mount only makes more sense.

Thanks
Unread 03-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Existence
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
I just looked at the installation instructions, and I don't see anywhere that it is mounting to the body. It only mounts to the frame/chassis.

I too would be concerned if it mounted to both. But I don't think that is the case.
This is what happens when you don't get enough sleep.

I reread the instructions and you're right, chassis mount only

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/75435.pdf"]Install instructions http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/75435.pdf[/URL]
Unread 03-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:

You'll have to let us know how it goes. I was going to order from that company, but googled it and saw that they have quite a few complaints.
Unread 03-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #12
mike1087
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
You'll have to let us know how it goes. I was going to order from that company, but googled it and saw that they have quite a few complaints.
ahh, yea lets hope all goes well. I ordered them Monday afternoon 3/1 so only time will tell. Will keep you guys updated.
Unread 03-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #13
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

i have a set of these, they mount to the pinch seem (weld) and to the bottom of the tub. nowhere do they mount to the frame.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
mike1087
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just an update if anyone was wondering about the link i posted above. I received my rock sliders Monday 3/15. Ordered them 3/1. It was a long waiting period but i wasnt in a rush. they came straight from body armor so they do not have these in stock at their warehouse which is why they took so long to get to me. i wont be ordering from them again considering how long it took but no real complaints.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.