Body Armor Front Bumper Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Armor Front Bumper Question

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
BBox
2012 JK Wrangler 

Body Armor Front Bumper Question

Does anyone have this bumper installed? I just tried installing it on my 2012 Wrangler Sport 2 door and 2 of the bolts wouldn't line so I couldn't screw them in. Also is the plastic frame cover supposed to go back on?

BBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #2
inspmark
2011 JK Wrangler 

Which bolts? Did you try keeping all bolts really loose to get them started? Mine lined up perfect. Maybe a little machining of the holes to "adjust" them?
inspmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

There may be some slight differences in the frame of the 2012+ Jeeps due to the different engine (or other enhancements). I think I remember hearing people having issues lining up their bolts on multiple different bumper applications. Call the Body Armor support and ask if they have a suggestion... You may need to drill a couple of holes. **DO NOT DRILL until it is confirmed that you need to.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

The holes on frames and whatnot can be off a bit sometimes, it’s not uncommon. One of the reasons why aftermarket manufacturers design into their products slotted holes is to compensate for that. Some manufacturers don’t which can lead to problems like you are experiencing.

If you are having problems lining up a hole or two, and all other bolts are really lose then you may just have to grind out a hole to get it to fit. Also look for some slag or sloppy welding that might be keeping the bumper from lining up too.

On the plastic cover you ask about I’m assuming it’s the top piece. Usually it is not reinstalled because it will no longer fit.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
BBox
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I screwed them hand tight first, then tried to tighten them, I might just leave them out, if I try putting them in with it being crooked they might strip out the hole.

Thanks I will give them a call and see if they know anything. I was told I might be able to weld it to the frame so I don't have to worry about it coming off (ever).
BBox is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.