blood,sweat and TEXAS beer... tube fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > blood,sweat and TEXAS beer... tube fenders

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 02-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

blood,sweat and TEXAS beer... tube fenders

This Is my jeep build enjoy! Lots of homebuilt stuff

Homemade tube fenders and my builds to come!!

WARNING:::: THIS BY NO MEANS IS NEAR AS GOOD AS VOODO'S WORK....im trying

decided to build some tube fenders for my jeep. I thought this was going to be a day long build and it ended up turning into a 4 day build, and thanks goodness for my pops other wise I would have had no chance.

anyways materials are cheap about 125.00 give or take ,

tools lincoln140 wire welder for home depot, harbor freight pipe bender and clamps and lots of drawings

heres what i got so far i need to finish welding the skins on and grind and paint.

started with this

wood templates

then plasma cut them out and mounted them... which this brings me to a cool idea!! FENDER SKINS LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK it would be easy it would cover all the holes when your fenders are off! you could even color match or just black would work!! I like the look and would be extremely easy to do with a CAD and plasma cutter

last was bending some pipe i used 1.25 id the plate was 1/8" and the skins are 16ga. bending was tough we didnt use a program ...should have... any ways the rear was a pain because it couldnt bend the two rear bends...so we had to splice two pipes!!! it worked!!! cant even tell

I need to get a camera the old IPHONE aint cutting it

Last edited by jeepbronco1; 02-17-2010 at 08:24 PM..
jeepbronco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
warCryr
2008 JK Wrangler 

awesome work! They look great.

I've looked at tube/flat fenders all over the internet and I dont really like any of them. I like Offroad Evolution's EVO fender armor the best but they have their logo cut out of them which for me is .

There are more than likely some out there that I haven't seen yet but I have to say yours in the above pictures are damn-near-perfect! in my opinion.

my jeep's jealous <- i said that already
Unread 02-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Awesome Job, they look great.

Are you gonna paint the to match or leave them black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
DANJEEPO8
2008 JK Wrangler 

I really can't stand any that i've seen up to this point. I'm a noob to the Jeep world by all means, but i guess i've wondered why people did this before because they all look like hell. But,

You did a great job and they look awesome.

So, i guess the right design is what it takes.

Unread 02-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribs View Post
Awesome Job, they look great.

Are you gonna paint the to match or leave them black?
if i can get paint match at a good price ill match them , because im curious how it would look... but to start ill just paint them black until i get the rescue green paint!!
Unread 02-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANJEEPO8 View Post
I really can't stand any that i've seen up to this point. I'm a noob to the Jeep world by all means, but i guess i've wondered why people did this before because they all look like hell. But,

You did a great job and they look awesome.

So, i guess the right design is what it takes.

Thanks!!! the only ones I liked were made by a company shaffers offroad so i try to copy some of the things i liked on theres and then just winged the rest Im happy about the turn out and cant wait to have them totally finished...

any body wondering the strength of these I weigh 165 and I can stand on the rear fenders !!! The front are weaker im trying to figure a way to tie them into the support behind the fender as well as that lil tab that sticks out and support stock fenders!!
Unread 02-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
09YellowJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

they look nice...
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Great job...I'd get about a mile and get a ticket here in PA.
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice job. Iím thinking that they would also be a great step platform to get to a roof rack. By the way, is that pipe you used instead of tubing?

JK Wrangler dash mount for Cellphones, GPS units, GoPro cameras, Spot devices etc.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

pipe, 1.25 sched 40 its about 1.5 od
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Ya, thought so. I can tell from the color of the pics and the fact that you used a pipe bender without issues. They do look nice.

JK Wrangler dash mount for Cellphones, GPS units, GoPro cameras, Spot devices etc.
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

ya I got the pipe bender from harbor works good but like u said its a pipe bender so everything is based on ID I bought tube before being dumb and tube doesnt work due the dies I could probably pic up some tube dies but pipes fine for me
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I had a friend that had the same pipe bender that you have and he made some shims for the dies so he could use tubing. It worked fine for him. Just something to think about incase you want to bend tubing in the future without springing for a new bender.

Unread 02-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #14
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh, I forgot to mention, I like the way you made a drawing
(template) for your bends. Excellent.

Unread 02-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #15
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

ya my dad is a perfectionist thats why I took the trip up to my folks place... who would think hes a carpenter!! I would have just winged... but im glad we went his route.... the shims are a good idea thanks!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.