Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Blinker issues

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ronjenx 
#1 ·
So the other day my drivers turn signal started blinking really fast, checked and the driver rear was out. Figuring it was the bulb I was driving to the store and it came back on but the passenger side went out. I got back home and got out to take a look and both worked fine :confused: now every now and then one will quite working then come on and it changes sides every now and then.

The running lights always work fine but the blinker and brake lights are the ones with the issue. Also both sides have never gone out at the same time.

Any ideas? It's a 2009 2 door X

#9 ·
It blinks fast when the computer thinks a bulb is burned out. Since it comes and goes, it has to be a bad connection. Unfortunately, it can be troubleshot only when it's actually happening.

Something you can do to make it happen is turn on the blinkers, wiggle the wires in the back, and work your way forward, including going to each ground. Have someone watch the rear lights. It will stop blinking immediately if there is a break in the connection, but I think it takes a second or two before the rapid flashing begins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.