(BlackOpsRubi) is the Winner of The March 2014 JK of the Month Contest! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > (BlackOpsRubi) is the Winner of The March 2014 JK of the Month Contest!

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

View Poll Results: Vote now For The March 2014 JK of the Month!
360LJ 28 33.73%
Brut4ce 10 12.05%
Ferninaz 9 10.84%
pderr676 1 1.20%
BlackOpsRubi 35 42.17%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-25-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

(BlackOpsRubi) is the Winner of The March 2014 JK of the Month Contest!

Here We Go!
The March 2014
JK of the Month Contest
Starts Now

360LJ

Mods.
2007 JKU rubicon with 102k miles approx
Currently a 3.8 with auto but building a hemi to swap later this year
Rubicon tcase
Tom woods drive shafts
Rear axle. Corp 14 bolt rear. Custom mounts and truss. disk brakes. Yukon chromoly axles. Yukon grizzly locker. 5.38 gears solid diff cover. Shaved about 1.25" off the bottom.
Front axle. Ford kingpin dana 60. Grizzly locker, 5.38 gears, solid diff cover, custom mounts, gusseted knuckles, 35spline chromoly axles with superjoints, Yukon hubs.
Front suspension. 14" fox 2.0 coilovers, 14" 2.5" triple bypass shocks, 2.0 air bumps, custom 3 link long arm pushing the axle 1.5" forward.
Rear suspension. 12" fox coilovers, (eventually triple bypass as well but not currently installed), mostly Teraflex long arm, currie antirock, 2.0 air bumps. Mounts welded on to move rear axle back 1.75"
All mounts and shock towers are built by me and the abs is all in working order.
Psc hydro assist with custom 1 ton steering.
Raceline aluminum bead locks.
40" toyo open county mts
River raider aluminum skid plates
Cold air intake and flowmaster muffler
Custom bumpers built by previous owner.....(I take no claim)
Xrc8 winch with syn line
ORF rear tire carrier with jerry cans. (Broken and welded back together)
Aev corner armor.
Stock sliders with 1.5" tube added.
Psc rocker armor with b pillar skin
Hid x 7" lights and hid x 4" on the bumper.
Cut stock fenders but ordering PS aluminum or making some soon.
Neoprene seat covers
30lb co2 tank
Optima red top.
Arb 50qt fridge
Cb
And the usual recovery gear... Straps, first aid kit, etc.

Story.
Purchased this jeep in 01/2013 fairly well built with 6" Tera long arm, speed bumps, built rubicon axles, bumpers, lights, 37s, etc. It was a very capable built jeep and was wheeled and driven most of the year in the way it was purchased. Sold the axles wheels and tires in November and built the one tons...... And it snowballed from there. I didn't pay much for the jeep in the beginning because it needed a little work and that is why I did one tons so soon, and the hemi, that is another reason for one tons.
I should also add this is my current daily driver, normally 50-150 miles per day. Enjoy.

Brut4ce

2010 Rubicon fully loaded (got a screaming deal on it or I'd have bought another "X")
Its main purpose is rocks, this is my 3rd JK in a little over a year first was mainly built that I finished off the last 2 were basically stock and I built. This one I have built bumpers, rack, fenders, armor, light mounts, and on, on, on...basically built it from ground up.
I don't have a shop or have a store but fabricate for myself and others off an on..nothing was bought as far as build this is built from Steele not sponsored or given to me...

2010 Rubicon loaded
- Raceline bead locks
- Toyo 37" mt
- Fox 2.0 custom tuned
- Ten factory Chromoly shafts
- K&N intake
- synergy sleeves
- Synergy gussets
- Artec trusses front and rear
- Synergy ball joints
- Ten factory chromoly shafts
- HID headlight conversion

Custom stuff I built
- track bar
- tie rod (heat treated chromoly)
- drag link
- tube doors
- Custom Exhaust before axle dump
- relocated evapo canister
- relocated shock mounts (front out 2" up 1.5" rotated mount 90*, Rear raised 1.5")
- chopped rear LCA brackets and raised
- custom sleeved rear lower control arms
- custom tube for relocating rear shock reservoirs
- custom spring retainers
- front fenders
- rear corner armor
- rear tire mount
- rear wall
- axe mount
- hi lift mount
- slider tubes
- grill chopped cj mod
- dual ridgid mounts
- front bumper
- rear bumper
- winch plate
- rear led dust lights
- custom led rock lights
- custom rear panels to cover back
- rear flush mount led taillights (another vendor stole my idea)
- custom front turn signals
- custom rear panels for tire carrier
- rewired lockers for independent control
- removed electric sway bar and put manual on
- grill slat insert
- led interior lights

Ferninaz

*MetalCloak 3.5" Dual Rate Springs
*MetalCloak front Trackbar
*MetalCloak front lower control arms
*MetalCloak Heavy Duty tie rod with 1 ton ends
*Front Currie Anti Rock Swaybar
*SOLID diff covers
*Extended brake lines
*AFE high tuck Catback exhaust
*RuggedRidge Snorkel
*Custom front driveshaft
*Smittybilt XRC8 winch with synthetic line
*JCR Front Stubby Dagger Stinger Winch Bumper
*10" led lightbar
*PIAA spot lights
*ARB air locker rear
*Aussie locker front
*ARB OBA
*SPOD
*Smittybilt SRC rocker armor
*Smittybilt XRC fender flares
*4.88 Yukon gears
*35" BFG MT tires
*17" Pro Comp wheels
*Uniden CB radio
*Firestick antennae
*stubby radio antennae
*SWAG Offroad tailgate conversion
*Fire Extinguisher
I have installed everything on my Jeep except the gears and rear locker.
Since I do not own my own offroad shop or have any sponsorships I have to wait for weekends when I am not wheeling and after work time to get things done on my Jeep.
Of course, some of us have budget constraints, so throwing money at my Jeep although fun is not always smart. It has been fun learning how to work on my Jeep and being able to help other people work on theirs is satisfying.
I started an offroad group in Dec 2012 which is totally free to join and we plan trips just about every weekend. We have been very successful in getting people together to offroad. We have seen groups as big as 27 trucks. We take tons of new offroaders out and teach them safe offroading techniques.
Back to the Jeep, its Sahara Tan, it's a 2012 Sport Auto. I started with a Sport on purpose, there is a sense of satisfaction to be able to take the lowest end vehicle and make it perform as well as you can make it perform. I would love to have an Atlas 4 speed transfer case but they haven't figured it out for 2012 autos.

pderr676

Mods: JCR front bumper, Poison Spyder rock rails and hood louver, 2-1/2" MetalCloak springs, MetalCloak 6-Pack shocks, EVO and JCR skids, homemade pracord grab handles
Story: Bought it to wheel it. Still had temp tags the first time I took it on a trail. It sure has come a long way!!

BlackOpsRubi

Jeep: Year & Model: 2011 JK Wrangler Rubicon, Transmission: Stock - 6 Speed Manual

Modifications:

Engine / Performance: RIPP GEN II Supercharger (Tactical Package), DiabloSport Tuner, RIPP LT SS headers, MBRP Off-road SS Exhaust, Flow Master Resonator

Suspension / Steering: Rock Krawler 2.5" max travel, Rock Krawler Remote Reservoir RRD Racing Shock Front and Rear, RC Dual Steering Stabilizer

Wheels & Tires: 35” Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar, Pro Comp Alloy Flat Blk, 17x9 Rims

Armor: AEV Heat Reduction Hood, Poison SpyderTrail Cage, Poison Spyder Crusher Corners, Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper, Poison Spyder Rear Brawler Bumper w/ swing mount tire carrier, Poison Spyder Body Armor, Rocker Knockers w/ sliders, Poison Spyder Aluminum flat fenders, Solid Axle Industries Diff Covers, Tub Rhino Lining

Recovery Tools: Warn M8000 Winch w/synthetic line, Bubba Rope, 48” Hi-Lift Jack

Misc.: sPOD modified with DIY backlit air pressure gauge and map lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Viair 400C Onboard Air System w/ 2 gallon tank, CJ Mirror custom conversion.

The Story

We both were four wheelers and had Jeeps before we met and married, and have had several jeeps together. We are old school wheelers who don’t drink the “bigger is better” Kool- aid; A good driver, a good spotter and a good Jeep can go almost anywhere we want. While most of the parts are bolt on, if you look close, you’ll see some custom fab work. Our mods were meant to be dual purposed, making it capable off road but keeping it stable and comfortable on road.

There you have it!
The First Lineup This Spring
Good Luck To All Of You.
It's Going To Be Another Close One

JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #2
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Damn, this is a tough choice...
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey Brut4ce on your site http://brut4ce.com/ you have a special is that for a d30 I have a sport im looking to beef up the front axle for bigger tires and that seams like a good deal.

$399 Sleeve & c-gussett special
Axle sleeves (weld in) and C-Gussetts (weld on), total time is 5 hours on average can be done same day.

This is our running special and is a necessity if you have 32″ or larger tires and or wheel your jeep….

The front end is prone to bending axle tubes and sleeves which lead to bad alignment worn tires, odd handling and stress on the carrier and axles as well as leaking axle seals…

We have done several of these for Southern California Jeepers and they couldn’t be happier….

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Some great looking rigs this month. Seems that the builds every month just keep getting better!

voted for Brut4ce. The fact that he makes most if not all of his stuff won for me.. that and his rig is pretty dang cool!
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #5
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
Hey Brut4ce on your site http://brut4ce.com/ you have a special is that for a d30 I have a sport im looking to beef up the front axle for bigger tires and that seams like a good deal.

$399 Sleeve & c-gussett special
Axle sleeves (weld in) and C-Gussetts (weld on), total time is 5 hours on average can be done same day.

This is our running special and is a necessity if you have 32″ or larger tires and or wheel your jeep….

The front end is prone to bending axle tubes and sleeves which lead to bad alignment worn tires, odd handling and stress on the carrier and axles as well as leaking axle seals…

We have done several of these for Southern California Jeepers and they couldn’t be happier….
Dang, you are a funny guy. Where is your rig this month ... you've been a bridesmaid just about as many times as me!
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #6
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice line up ... we just need more entries. Good luck to all.
Unread 03-25-2014, 06:55 AM   #7
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
Dang, you are a funny guy. Where is your rig this month ... you've been a bridesmaid just about as many times as me!
I sat out this month I wanted to add my 50" light bar and a few other things. also Im waiting for Poison Spider Customs to enter then my rig will be worthy of entry... I voted for you anyway gotta show some love for the two door.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #8
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Had to vote for 360LJ. Shaved 14b, Kingpin 60, Coilovers, bypass shocks and a daily driver! Plus I'm kinda biased to black 4 doors.

Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #9
360LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
Had to vote for 360LJ. Shaved 14b, Kingpin 60, Coilovers, bypass shocks and a daily driver! Plus I'm kinda biased to black 4 doors.
Thanks!!
I like black 4 doors too!!
Unread 03-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #10
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
I sat out this month I wanted to add my 50" light bar and a few other things. also Im waiting for Poison Spider Customs to enter then my rig will be worthy of entry... I voted for you anyway gotta show some love for the two door.
Thanks for the vote!
Unread 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #11
sturner2311
2011 JK Wrangler 

Had to vote for 360lj sick build. Same with all the entries they are all great looking. Good luck to all
sturner2311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #12
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Very nice JK 360lj. 40s on a daily driver is commendable. Brut4ce fab work is very impressive. pderr676, MC and JCR, you can't go wrong with those two, looks like its a very good start. BlackOpsRubi is a very cute 2 door. I am sure that whoever wins will surely deserve JK of the Month.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz View Post
Very nice JK 360lj. 40s on a daily driver is commendable. Brut4ce fab work is very impressive. pderr676, MC and JCR, you can't go wrong with those two, looks like its a very good start. BlackOpsRubi is a very cute 2 door. I am sure that whoever wins will surely deserve JK of the Month.
We will have to meet in the middle....go wheel superstition or head to quartzsite and run dripping springs and some other trails..-..

Get a group together and do it....we have a run at big bear memorial day weekend camping if your down.

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #14
360LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz View Post
Thanks bud. It's my baby and all built by me!
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #15
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut4ce View Post
We will have to meet in the middle....go wheel superstition or head to quartzsite and run dripping springs and some other trails..-..

Get a group together and do it....we have a run at big bear memorial day weekend camping if your down.
I try to stay out of CA, I grew up there, 25 years of my life in Southern CA and am happy not to be there. I will go if a family member dies or I really need a Chili Cheese burger from Tommys. Luckily its been 10 years since I needed one of those. I am going to try and make it out to the Ershim trail this year and maybe the Rubicon next. Big Bear on a holiday weekend does not sound appealing to me at all, but thanks for the offer.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.