Black JK Unlimited X Soft Top - Before & After Shots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Black JK Unlimited X Soft Top - Before & After Shots

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
wayoflife

Black JK Unlimited X Soft Top - Before & After Shots

For those of you who are interested in seeing what a Black Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited X soft top look like with its top on and off, here ya go...

Click on the link below to see all the pics in my photo gallery:

>> 2007 Black Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited X - Soft Top Pics

wayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
xanimal80

Refering to the pic with the top off, is that gray material a cover for the top or something?
xanimal80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
tbrkek

Looks great. I got mine in black too...love it!! Anyway, how long does it take to put down the soft top once it is on? I assume you just don't roll it back...can't be that easy? Is it a 1 or 2 person job?
tbrkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanimal80
Refering to the pic with the top off, is that gray material a cover for the top or something?
the gray material is a storage boot that covers the soft top when it's in the down position. if you're a tj owner and bought yours with a dual top, it kind of looks like the "temporary" cover that the soft top came in but much sturdier, made of a nicer fabric and has a clean fit.
Unread 09-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrkek
Looks great. I got mine in black too...love it!! Anyway, how long does it take to put down the soft top once it is on? I assume you just don't roll it back...can't be that easy? Is it a 1 or 2 person job?
dropping the top is a one person job that can be done quickly in about 5 min. or, if you take the time to wrap up the top in the storage boot, maybe closer to 10 min. i will have a complete write-up on this shortly
Unread 09-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
jimaug87
2005 TJ Wrangler 

can we see it with the doors off too? are the steel doors for the jk much heavier then the full steels on a YJ or TJ? does the elecrtical aspect to it change anything? a friend of mine cant take her full steels off by herslef, their too heavy. are these any different?
jimaug87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaug87
can we see it with the doors off too? are the steel doors for the jk much heavier then the full steels on a YJ or TJ? does the elecrtical aspect to it change anything? a friend of mine cant take her full steels off by herslef, their too heavy. are these any different?
hmmm, i don't know if they'll let me take the doors off but guess i can always ask. as far as the weight goes, i would bet these are heavier especially if you have power window. there's a lot more door than the tj's have.
Unread 09-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
hmmm, i don't know if they'll let me take the doors off but guess i can always ask. as far as the weight goes, i would bet these are heavier especially if you have power window. there's a lot more door than the tj's have.
Actually, I'm pretty sure I saw a quote from a Jeep engineer a while back that said that the power window hardware is actually lighter than the manual window hardware. But, that said, I would guess that the JK doors with or without power windows would be heavier than the full TJ doors - they just seem to be a bit larger overall.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #9
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76
Actually, I'm pretty sure I saw a quote from a Jeep engineer a while back that said that the power window hardware is actually lighter than the manual window hardware. But, that said, I would guess that the JK doors with or without power windows would be heavier than the full TJ doors - they just seem to be a bit larger overall.
More plastic though, so they could very well be lighter

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
dropping the top is a one person job that can be done quickly in about 5 min. or, if you take the time to wrap up the top in the storage boot, maybe closer to 10 min. i will have a complete write-up on this shortly
Does the rear window have to be taken out to fold the roof into the boot? I know the side ones will have to be taken off.
JoeBlevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #11
JK2BJeep3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlevins
Does the rear window have to be taken out to fold the roof into the boot? I know the side ones will have to be taken off.
The manual tells you to completely remove the rear window, and I'm sure that would be best if you're worried about scratching it from folding or rolling it up. But in my box of soft top goods, came 2 loops with snaps on the ends. There was nothing written about them, but just like the TJ, they snap above the window. I rolled my window up and slide the loops over to hold in place, then folded down. I'll suffer the scratching, too lazy to remove the window completely.
JK2BJeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.