Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Big question

743 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  RockyClymer 
#1 ·
Hey forum!
I went mudding and got my jeep wrangler '12 stuck in a mud trench, I couldn't get it out so I left it there till the next day my friend help me get it out. The jeep was there for about 1 full day, he suggested for me to change out the differential fluid, transmition fluid, and transfer fluid because if I don't it could mess stuff up. This is a brand new jeep so I was wondering if I had to do all this, or will it be fine?

Thanks allot.:confused:

#4 ·
have any pictures?

Sounds like you might be okay. It isn't tough to change the front and rear diff fluid and it sounds like that might be the only thing in question anyway. How many miles on the Jeep? I like to change the diff fluid about every 15k anyway.

#6 ·
Your call. It's cheap insurance though.

Cost to change all the fluids mentioned (if you do it yourself) is about $200.

Cost to repair or replace any one of the mentioned components can easily start at a few hundred dollars and can run into one or two thousand relatively quickly.

#9 ·
Change it, and next time, give a better thread title that tells the forum members what is the question...we all have questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.