BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #76
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21
So many changes I haven't seen. We need to get a meet and greet going on at BWW again.

My buddy works there now and can probably get us some free stuff.
Helll yeah. I'm down anytime, just post up on NAJs facebook page, or on the HSV thread.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #77
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

07/19/2012

Added First Aid Kit
Added Snake/Insect Bit Kit
ipod-2012-868.jpg   ipod-2012-867.jpg  

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #78
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Went to my buddies wedding, and found Big Blue a date!
ipod-2012-872.jpg  

Unread 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #79
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Here's a few pics from our North Alabama Jeep Convoy and Cookout:
ipod-2012-898.jpg   ipod-2012-916.jpg   ipod-2012-987.jpg   ipod-2012-962.jpg   ipod-2012-972.jpg  

Unread 11-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #80
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

08/02/2012

Installed Drake’s Steel Billet Hood Latches, no more wind surfing!
(you can see them best in the last photo, sorry I didn't take photo of them clean first)
Also, I almost forgot to mention, this was the day I decided to go with Mud Terrains! I got stuck this day, imediately after they were put on craigslist, and I sold all 5 for $350. The guy who bought them was planning on cramming them in on his 06 Grand Cherokee.
ipod-2012-910.jpg   ipod-2012-911.jpg   ipod-2012-913.jpg   ipod-2012-914.jpg  

Unread 11-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #81
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Another of the table,

And from the NAJ C&C:
image-512533808.jpg   image-3071184143.jpg   image-39128123.jpg  

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #82
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to share my AIR BAG case with you all. My light showed the symptoms of a faulty clockspring for several weeks. I researched it, and found this is a very common issue, and most people who have expired basic warranties are being charged $550+ to get it fixed. Knowing that the faulty clockspring can cause the air bag to not deploy, or deploy randomly was a huge concern for me. So I called the Chrysler customer care number, 1-800-763-8422, and explained to my assigned case manager the issue. I told her how the 07 and right hand drive models had been recalled for this same issue. Quickly she told me, "well your basic warranty is expired," and then I told her how this is a serious safety concern and that it is covered under a federally mandated 150k mile safety warranty, and that I was going to file a petition with DOT (which I did). She then scheduled me an appointment at the local dealership for diagnosis.

Today I went and dropped it off, went and had breakfast at IHOP. By the time I finished eating the dealer was calling me. He told me that not only was the clockspring bad, but that the entire air bag system needed to be replaced. According to him this job costs a good ~$1k. He then mentioned that he talked to my case manager, and that they could fix it right then, if I payed a courtesy fee of $200. I asked him how he came up with that amount, and he replied "it's a percentage." I said, "damn even percentage, huh? Go on please..." He had no real rhyme or reason, just tried to get my money. I got my airbag system replaced for a modest diagnosis fee. This just shows how you can argue your way through a repair, as long as you do your research and know you have a case. I'm very happy with the way this case turned out. Save this number and use it to your advantage.

Afterwards, I went home and did a complete oil change with oil engine cleanser and Lucas synthetic.

Great to feel brand new again!

Unread 11-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #83
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

08/03/2012

Recall Serviced at Dealership (for 2010 Automatics)
They replaced my transmission skid plate, which was actually a down grade I asked them if I could keep the old skid, and of course they said no! What can you do.

Unread 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #84
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

08/07/2012

Bought a Superchips Flashpaq Programmer
http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep/Su...-PRD27688.aspx

Found it from a Superchips Dealer on Craigslist, paid $120!

Can you guess whats next?
jeep-wrangler-superchips-flashpaq-programmer-tj-lj-jk.jpg  

Unread 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #85
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

08/13/2012

Trimmed rear pinch seams, used an angle ginder and flap discs
Finished with primer, paint, and clear coat

Unread 11-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #86
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

08/14/2012

Installed New Tires and Wheels
35x12.50R15C2 113Q Black Ė Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/ Kevlar Sidewalls
15x8 5-127 Ė MB 72
Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts Ė Black
ipod-2012-1003.jpg   ipod-2012-1013.jpg   ipod-2012-1011.jpg   ipod-2012-1012.jpg   ipod-2012-1016.jpg  

ipod-2012-1015.jpg  

Unread 11-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #87
Blck2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looking good.
Blck2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #88
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
I'd like to share my AIR BAG case with you all. My light showed the symptoms of a faulty clockspring for several weeks. I researched it, and found this is a very common issue, and most people who have expired basic warranties are being charged $550+ to get it fixed. Knowing that the faulty clockspring can cause the air bag to not deploy, or deploy randomly was a huge concern for me. So I called the Chrysler customer care number, 1-800-763-8422, and explained to my assigned case manager the issue. I told her how the 07 and right hand drive models had been recalled for this same issue. Quickly she told me, "well your basic warranty is expired," and then I told her how this is a serious safety concern and that it is covered under a federally mandated 150k mile safety warranty, and that I was going to file a petition with DOT (which I did). She then scheduled me an appointment at the local dealership for diagnosis.

Today I went and dropped it off, went and had breakfast at IHOP. By the time I finished eating the dealer was calling me. He told me that not only was the clockspring bad, but that the entire air bag system needed to be replaced. According to him this job costs a good ~$1k. He then mentioned that he talked to my case manager, and that they could fix it right then, if I payed a courtesy fee of $200. I asked him how he came up with that amount, and he replied "it's a percentage." I said, "damn even percentage, huh? Go on please..." He had no real rhyme or reason, just tried to get my money. I got my airbag system replaced for a modest diagnosis fee. This just shows how you can argue your way through a repair, as long as you do your research and know you have a case. I'm very happy with the way this case turned out. Save this number and use it to your advantage.

Afterwards, I went home and did a complete oil change with oil engine cleanser and Lucas synthetic.

Great to feel brand new again!
Did your air bag light go on when straight and turn off during turns? I'm having the same exact issue and want to get it fixed!

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #89
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

It did all kinds of random patterns. It would go on and chime when I turned while driving in a forward direction at first. Then before I had it fixed, it stayed on constantly. It's probably your clockspring. Call that number, before you go to the dealership. Also, read up on it first so you can argue a case. Good luck.

Unread 11-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #90
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Why didnt you go with a 17'' rim especially on a JK? Have any issues clearing the brakes?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.