BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 12-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #841
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

More "bling" for ya Chris. Drake Offroad.

Unread 12-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #842
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Damn it Steve. That Drake stuff is ugggly.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #843
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Mighty fine work you done did there. Patiently waiting for finished shots of the hood.
Thanks Boss! I still have to drop off the louver at the dude's shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
that bumper looks amazing!
It better...what a pain to install

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Damn thing ain't going to fall off, that's for sure!
This thing aint ever coming off.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #844
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not a big fan personally, but for the weight savings it's a nice light bumper.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #845
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
Not a big fan personally, but for the weight savings it's a nice light bumper.
I got it in STEEL.

I like that it provides full coverage, without being a full width.

Unread 12-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #846
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I thought it was aluminum. You said it was only 20 lbs before. I love the expedition-one rear bumper.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #847
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
I thought it was aluminum. You said it was only 20 lbs before. I love the expedition-one rear bumper.
The tire carrier is only 20.

The bumper weighed at about 52 lbs, not including the shackle mounts and hardware. All together it's probably at least 85 (not including the tire carrier, b/c the carrier is separate).

Unread 01-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #848
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Update on the hood: still trying to get it painted.

In other news, I'm about to order the Nemesis shock mounts for the front axle. May get some C gussets too.

Unread 01-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #849
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

better plan on some ball joints if you're doing the c gussets. but definitely worth it! also like the nemesis shock mounts. i want to make something similar for mine
Unread 01-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #850
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
better plan on some ball joints if you're doing the c gussets. but definitely worth it! also like the nemesis shock mounts. i want to make something similar for mine
Yeah, that's the only reason I haven't done the Cs yet. I don't want to put up the cash on those ball joints since I don't need them yet.

Unread 01-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #851
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just a myth, don't have to change ball joints when you add gussets if you get a welder that knows what he is doing. Probably not worth it on a dana 30 either, save your coins and pick up a 44. That front axle won't last long with 35's

Unread 01-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #852
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi
Just a myth, don't have to change ball joints when you add gussets if you get a welder that knows what he is doing. Probably not worth it on a dana 30 either, save your coins and pick up a 44. That front axle won't last long with 35's
I'm not saying you are wrong but... I know a few folks running 37s on the Dana 30. Give me some examples of how my axle would likely fail, given I do the following:

C gussets
RSE outer axle sleeve
Poly ball joints
Regear
Upgrade spider gears
Upgrade axle shafts
Upgrade knuckles

Once I've done that, I should be good. Except 1 issue, when I got to 37s, I won't be able to correct the gear ratio to 5.38.

Unread 01-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #853
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The price alone of painting that turd. Lot's of used 44s out there a lot cheaper. You're talking over $2000 worth of up grades with parts and labor right there. Upgrade axles might handle 35s for a while What about a locker?. For the amount of money you would spent just throw a Pro Rock 60 under it.

Unread 01-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #854
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=BigBlue7;19064090I know a few folks running 37s on the Dana 30.
Purely Mall crawlers.

Unread 01-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #855
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi
The price alone of painting that turd. Lot's of used 44s out there a lot cheaper. You're talking over $2000 worth of up grades with parts and labor right there. Upgrade axles might handle 35s for a while What about a locker?. For the amount of money you would spent just throw a Pro Rock 60 under it.
A PR44 would be plenty. I think with 3 years of payments left on it, I'll be sticking with 35s, no locker, with gussets/sleeves, until I can afford the madness that comes with 37s. In the meantime, I can replace other axle components as they fail.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.