BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #61
Rick_W
2012 JK Wrangler 

How difficult were the sliders to install?

Everything bolt right up without needing to be tweaked?

Unread 11-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #62
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

The rocker knockers? Install went smooth. Use a step bit, step less will work too. On the 4 door you open up a few existing holes. Just touch them up with a paint pen, then spray some clear coat on them. Once you have everything lined up right, you will be able to take them on and off easily. I definitely recommend them!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #63
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Newguywrangler sent me a PM, asking about the tailgate. I am posting it up here, just in case anyone else is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguywrangler
hey man, saw your build, good looks!
Was just wondering what you did to make that fold out table on the tailgate, go fishing a lot and something like that would definitely come in handy.
It does come in handy! I'll post pictures later, but I use it even more when I go shooting! I’m sure you have seen the metal tables that companies are selling. They are nice, but I think that using wood makes for a better surface and it doesn’t rattle. To make it is pretty simple, which is why I decided not to try and sell it.

Part Breakdown: I used basic hardware and wood from Lowe's. So you need 3 pieces of wood, wood stain (I used a clear spray on protectant), sander (to curve the corners of the wood), small door hinges, plastic coated wire, hardware for the wire (see I used .40 rounds, just drilled the holes in the round, then hammered them into the wood), hardware to keep it folded up when not in use, and a way to mount it on the back of the tailgate. I wanted the table to be easily removable, so I used picture frame hangers that have a plastic coating (as to not scratch the tailgate when taking it on or off). But toss out the nails and use a couple screws to attach the hangers to the wood. Also, put adhesive foam in key areas to eliminate rattle.

The entire project took me about 3 hours. The only hard part is dealing with the wire. The wire I used is a little thick, but the table can hold at least 90lbs. I haven’t tested it for anything heavier.

I will be happy to post up detailed photos if needed.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #64
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. What no pictures of the wife? Your wearing a wedding ring. Why not the other kind of rockers from psc?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #65
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

The rocker knockers look better in my opinion. Plus, I like to jump into my jeep, rather than step into it. It's helps keep me young!

Unread 11-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #66
nota944mechanic
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice lookin' couple right there.
nota944mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota944mechanic View Post
Nice lookin' couple right there.
You hate me one second, then this...?

Unread 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #68
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good Chris.

You really need to resize your pictures. They're massive.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #69
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Looks good Chris.

You really need to resize your pictures. They're massive.
I know, I know. The large ones were taken with my camera. They show up regular sized on my ipod. And on my desktop they are a bit big, but they fit on the screen. Just really want you all to see the detail!

Maybe you need a bigger screen brother.

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #70
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
ďThis is my JK. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My JK is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.
My JK, without me, is useless. Without my JK, I am useless.Ē
Wow- that's really quite the ego!

Even if you were to drop dead right now, your JK would still be useful to a lot of other people.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #71
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yes, I'm sure your right. It's not anything to get all butt hurt over.

Unread 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #72
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

07/17/2012

Added Mopar Door Sill Guards, 4 Door, Black

Unread 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #73
str8fan
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue7 View Post
yes, i'm sure your right. It's not anything to get all butt hurt over.
x2
lighten_up_francis.jpg  
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #74
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thank you, sir!

So I forgot to show you the front bumper I ran with during the transition phase to the PSC Brawler. This is how the front bumper looks if you grab one end of plastic and yank, makes you feel like the Hulk! (Except I cut off the crush cans, busted off the surface rust, and bedlined it black)
image-1669888184.jpg   image-417867662.jpg  

Unread 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #75
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So many changes I haven't seen. We need to get a meet and greet going on at BWW again.

My buddy works there now and can probably get us some free stuff.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.