BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #46
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

05/27/2012

Added custom decals from Don @ PixelDecals.com
Fender "Wrangler" and Fender "Unlimited" decals
All in reflective black

Still have not added the wangler and unlimited decals. I think the original actually looks good, at least for now.

image-1971380460.jpg   photo220.jpg  

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #47
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

06/13/2012

Installed Cool Techís CB All-in-One Kit

It's a nice kit, it includes:
Cobra 75 WXST CB Radio
GateMount
3í Black Firestick Antenna
VersaMount

I have been having trouble getting it tuned. I need to play around with it some more.
ipod-2012-1001.jpg  

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #48
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

06/20/2012

Changed Front and Rear Differential Fluid, While I was at it I color matched the diff covers!

Unread 11-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #49
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

06/22/2012

Made Car Seat Cover for my dog. Unfortunately no pics. I only use it when I take him swimming or when he goes mudding with me.

It's simple to make, just need an oversized towel, 6 grommets, and a few bungee cords.

Unread 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #50
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

06/28/2012

Uninstalled the ****tybilt steps, in preparation for this...
cimg5195.jpg  

Unread 11-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #51
nota944mechanic
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here's a hint: <<<< Side Pipes!!!
nota944mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #52
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7
Uninstalled the ****tybilt steps, in preparation for this...
I don't think the cardboard is going to hold up as well as the shiittybilts.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #53
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

you'd be suprised, this recycled stuff is light weight too!

Unread 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #54
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Awesome build! Haven't got to look at it all yet but working on it! Nice to see another build that isn't crazy or high dollar, just a lot of smaller simple real life items
cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #55
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_4
Awesome build! Haven't got to look at it all yet but working on it! Nice to see another build that isn't crazy or high dollar, just a lot of smaller simple real life items
I should have titled this, "A Build Thread, on a Government Salary!"

Glad you like the "down to earth-ness" Cobra!

Unread 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #56
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

06/28/2012

Out with the ****tybuilt, in with the new!
cimg5201.jpg   cimg5200.jpg  

Unread 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #57
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yes that is a table saw being used as a painting stand. I had a few local guys show up to help me! And by "help," I mean drink my beer.
cimg5197.jpg   cimg5198.jpg  

Unread 11-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #58
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Couple finished shots. Then, I had my brother visit, so I took him to for a light trail ride.
cimg5203.jpg   ipod-2012-002.jpg   ipod-2012-005.jpg   ipod-2012-006.jpg  

Unread 11-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #59
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

All right, I'm caught up! Question, how are the wheels holding up? Plasti dipped right?? Really want to do mine but if I do I don't want to have to keep redoing them.
cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #60
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I ran with them plasti-dipped for a few months. I never had an issue. If you do try it, use 1 can per wheel. The thicker your coat, the easier it is to remove the plastic when your ready. Also, do not use the last 1/4 of the can on the wheels. If you do, the paint sprays funny, and it will look bad. It's a nice preserver for the clear coat on these moabs. Main reason I painted mine, was to get a feel for the blacked out look, and it helped hide my rock rash.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.