BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #31
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

04/14/2012

Had the dealership replaced my steering column and gear box (the steering wheel was popping at 12:00).

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #32
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

04/15/2012

Up to this point, I had messed around plasti-dipping and bed lining lots of different parts, including the Moabs, the grill, the locking gas cap, and tow hooks. With the rims and grill, I went back and fourth three or four times trying to decide which look I liked best.

Sold my factory steps for $300! Installed Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, also bought on craigslist (which is later replaced buy a much better product (teaser!)). They worked great as a step; however, I bet they would do more harm than good on the trail. They hang low and are only bolted on in four places. Proud to say, this was the last Smittybilt product I will have ever owned!
ipod-2012-393.jpg   ipod-2012-390.jpg   ipod-2012-389.jpg   ipod-2012-395.jpg   ipod-2012-438.jpg  

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #33
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

05/07/2012

Installed some 77KICK10 speakers, sound bar included. Have not messed with the sub (other than poly-filing it), not sure if i'm going to replace it in the future or not.

Unread 11-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Game Day setup!
ipod-2012-508.jpg  

Unread 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #35
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

05/15/2012 - 05/20/2012

Installed Poison Spyder Customs front bumper Ė Brawler Lite
Painted D-links blue and added Daystars D-link Isolators

The bumper was also subject to my color flip flopping of aluminum vs. black bedliner. I also bedlined my K/C light guards (credit to VIN for the idea)!
ipod-2012-384.jpg   photo-10-.jpg  

Unread 11-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Although very original to be sure, you might want to rethink your recovery system. Yes its true dogs love to tug on ropes but I think youíre taking it to a whole new level. I hope that you are at least using synthetic rope instead of steel, your winch err dog will last a lot longer. Good luck to the both of you.

PS, your Jeep looks great.
photo-10-.jpg  
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #37
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222

Although very original to be sure, you might want to rethink your recovery system. Yes its true dogs love to tug on ropes but I think you’re taking it to a whole new level. I hope that you are at least using synthetic rope instead of steel, your winch err dog will last a lot longer. Good luck to the both of you.

PS, your Jeep looks great.
Too damn funny!

Unread 11-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #38
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

great build so far, and im liking the aluminum, may go with that when i replace some stuff as rust up here is just plain annoying. down there its probly alot better.
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #39
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
great build so far, and im liking the aluminum, may go with that when i replace some stuff as rust up here is just plain annoying. down there its probly alot better.
Nope. Rust is a bi here as well. Are you referring to my bumper? That was just an aluminum paint job (rattlecaned it). PSC doesn't make an aluminum bumper. You probably already know this, but I just wanted to clarify.

Glad your liking the progression!

Unread 11-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #40
Rick_W
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Installed Poison Spyder Customs front bumper Ė Brawler Lite
I really like the looks of that front bumper!

Any particular reason you went with the plate gussets over the tube gussets?
Unread 11-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #41
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Nope. Rust is a bi here as well. Are you referring to my bumper? That was just an aluminum paint job (rattlecaned it). PSC doesn't make an aluminum bumper. You probably already know this, but I just wanted to clarify.

Glad your liking the progression!
oh haha, nah i didn't know, i know they offer aluminum rockers as im looking at getting them, read it and thought i don't think they make an aluminum bumper, but maybe. as far as rust i know when my friend and i went to go look at crew cabs for his first gen cummins down south most of them weren't nearly as rusty as we were used to.
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #42
Gregg79CJ7304
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looking great. How does it ride with the new lift?
Unread 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #43
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_W

I really like the looks of that front bumper!

Any particular reason you went with the plate gussets over the tube gussets?
When I first saw the tube version, I liked it a lot, but after looking at many pictures from all angles, I decided I liked the look of the plate gussets more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg79CJ7304
Looking great. How does it ride with the new lift?
The ride is the same. If feels different however, probably just because your up higher.

Unread 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #44
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Still need to add a lot more to get you all caught up! But, I am going to be in Kentucky this weekend to pick up a boat my Aunt is giving me! So unfortunately the build will be on standby for a few days. At least until Monday, as I have a 4 day weekend!

Safe wheeling this Holiday weekend!

Unread 11-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #45
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Drove the boat home. I need to regear so bad! Was running at an average of 65 on the highway, with an average of 2600 rpms. Had my JK tuned with my flashpaq, set to "towing." It was showing almost 17 mpg when I left, 350 miles later it was showing 13.7 mpg.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.