Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

129K views 1K replies 62 participants last post by  BigBlue7 
#1 ·
"This is my JK. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My JK is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.
My JK, without me, is useless. Without my JK, I am useless."​
:salute:

I just celebrated my first year as a Jeep owner! At the time that I bought it, I have to admit, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Yeah yeah, we all have heard the J.E.E.P. saying; however, I am proud to say, I have found another hobby. I always wanted a Wrangler, and was intrigued by the 4 door. Being a recent graduate of the University of Kentucky, I fell in love with the color of the Deep Pearl Blue, "Kentucky Blue," JKU! At first sight I knew it was my soul-mate. Let's just say, quickly I learned beauty is much more than skin deep.

I would have started this build thread many months ago, but like I said, I had no idea how addicted I would become. So addicted, that I even keep a "Timeline" Word doc. on my desktop at work to track Big Blue's progress.

Previous owner had to be a chick, which was made obvious by all the eyeliner and hair ties buried under the driver side carpet, and the Kreayshawn CD left in the disc changer. :fear:

Here is how Big Blue sat when I bought him from CarMax, bone stock with 28,000 miles:

See less See more
#552 ·
I got him from the abused animal shelter, from the commercials with the sad baby seal eyes. Wanted to test him out as a snipe hunting dog. He was no good... So now he just lays around in my jeep.

#554 ·
Hey now, to be clear I never asked for anyones vote. Pizza does sound good though. Maybe at the next wrenching party we can all order pizza. I will bring beer, as long as I get to chose the brand and I get to take it home the remainder. (Natty Ice) lol

#556 ·
Hmmm....thinking....what to do to my JK today? :help: don't say lockers dammit! I've been focused on cleaning it up each day since Easter, I need something fun to do but also cheap!

#572 ·
So, my wardrobe just got MetalCloaked! Pretty excited! Matson and Will took care of me, they didn't even have me cover the shipping!

2 Tee's, ball cap, hoodie, and a matching beanie!

#579 ·
Not the pic. The drop down info. It's got alot of useless (IMO) info. Example: for the engine you could simply put 3.8 v6. For the transmission you could simply put 42RLE.

There's technically nothing wrong with it, I was just suggesting maybe cleaning it up and making it simpler.

#581 ·
Oh wow! :brickwall That's the most action I've had on my build thread all week, and over profile specs? C'mon Man.

Better? I added all that info when I first got on the forum.

#587 ·
Nope. Rarely ever. :D My house is right around the corner, max speed is 50, if not 45mph. The majority of my daily commute is spent watching the news from the couch, while waiting on the engine to warm up.

And when I rarely do get on the interstate and go 65 mph, my rpms would be more like 2k.

#589 ·
Lucky. :D I have to drive over Monte Sano everyday and deal with hospital area traffic.

Hmmm the GrimmJeeper calcumalator thingy put you at 1600 with 3.73's, 35's, and the 42rle.
I wish that was the case! I'd be saving my regear money for more fun items.

SN: I just paid Uncle Sam and his fat fugly children a ton of money. I think I've earned myself a trip to DirtyDog4x4 :teehee:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.