BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #181
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Yeah I heard the RKs were crap. 5 extra dollars gets your the teraflexs front and rear.

Not sure if we're talking about the same fox shocks. These are the ones that are $114 ea on Northridge4x4. 2.0s 4-6" IFPs. Can you adjust these, I don't remember reading that for this model?
My bad! For some reason I thought you were getting the ones with the remote reservoir.

You are correct, and once again I stand corrected. You cannot adjust those.

Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #182
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle

My bad! For some reason I thought you were getting the ones with the remote reservoir.

You are correct, and once again I stand corrected. You cannot adjust those.

It's all good brother. Lol. BTW I went back and edited my previous post.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #183
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Do you know what the front coils of your lift measure? The Currie front coils measure 22.5 without any weight on them. I'm running those same shocks on the Currie 4", and the shocks at full axle drop will allow the coils to unseat. I am running Antirock front and rear, which helps prevent that.

Just called RK for the coil lengths.
Front: 20.00"
Rear: 17.75"

Are your shox the same length as mine? If so, I should have the same "good problem."

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #184
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Just called RK for the coil lengths.
Front: 20.00"
Rear: 17.75"

Are your shox the same length as mine? If so, I should have the same "good problem."
My new coils are slightly longer, but that doesn't mean too much because we would have to compare them under weight.

I am not sure the lengths of your shocks, but I would be willing to bet they are the same lengths with the only difference being that mine has the remote resi. What are the measurement of yours?
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #185
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haven't talked to him about it yet. Might be able to, but if all goes as planed Dennis is helping me on Jan 5-6 in his garage. Sat and Sunday if needed.
Maybe he has a 2 car garage. Probably won't be able to get 2 Jeeps finished in one weekend since you have all 8 CA's to do.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #186
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
My new coils are slightly longer, but that doesn't mean too much because we would have to compare them under weight.

I am not sure the lengths of your shocks, but I would be willing to bet they are the same lengths with the only difference being that mine has the remote resi. What are the measurement of yours?
The measurements for the Fox 2.0 IFP (980-24-641 and 980-24-642):
Front: 18 compressed / 28.625 extended
Rear: 17.125 compressed / 27.50 extended

RK recommends getting close to the following measurements:
Front: 17" Collapsed to 29" Extended
Rear: 17" Collapsed to 27" Extended

The free bumpstops are the RK's, which are 3" front and rear. It might be a good idea for me to sell them and get some real "stackable" bumpstops. I was thinking I only needed 2" in the front with 35s and factory fenders (Pinch seam was ditched miles ago! And the Rocker Knockers sure aren't getting in the way either).

Unread 12-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #187
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Maybe he has a 2 car garage. Probably won't be able to get 2 Jeeps finished in one weekend since you have all 8 CA's to do.
That's a good thing! I bet 1 day is all we need if we limit 3 things, cursing, beer, and ESPN. That does not include welding and obviously the alignment.

Unread 12-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #188
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7

The free bumpstops are the RK's, which are 3" front and rear. It might be a good idea for me to sell them and get some real "stackable" bumpstops. I was thinking I only needed 2" in the front with 35s and factory fenders (Pinch seam was ditched miles ago! And the Rocker Knockers sure aren't getting in the way either).
Sounds like those Fox fronts are too short.

Also for bump stops, you can buy hockey pucks and drill a hole in the center and run a bolt through the center.
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #189
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's what I though, but I was assured that with the retainers and bumpstops I wouldnt need to worry about bottoming out the shox.

Do you all suggest limiting straps to go along with the retainers? Or should I be fine?

Unread 12-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #190
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That's what I though, but I was assured that with the retainers and bumpstops I wouldnt need to worry about bottoming out the shox.

Do you all suggest limiting straps to go along with the retainers? Or should I be fine?
Its not going to hurt hanging the axle off the shock. Straps aren't necessary. Only if you were racing and jumping would you need straps with regular shocks.

You definitely need to get a longer from shock.
12" for the front is good.

I REALLY like my OME "L" series shocks. My firs OMEs (always hated the color lol) and I'm sold on the ride. They also don't look so bad now that they have a black shield.
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #191
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Both of mine are longer. My fronts measure 29.9 extended. And I'm pretty sure the rears are almost 29. Don't quote me on the rears. I'm traveling and don't have the specs, but you can call TeraFlex to ask.
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #192
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Both of mine are longer. My fronts measure 29.9 extended. And I'm pretty sure the rears are almost 29. Don't quote me on the rears. I'm traveling and don't have the specs, but you can call TeraFlex to ask.
I'm looking up the compressed length for the remote res 2.0s. It's the same as the ones I've got, so i guess you have the 6-8" version. And the compressed length for those is slightly over 17".

Just saw that Northridge has fox shox 10% off.

Unread 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #193
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I'm looking up the compressed length for the remote res 2.0s. It's the same as the ones I've got, so i guess you have the 6-8" version. And the compressed length for those is slightly over 17".

Just saw that Northridge has fox shox 10% off.
I didn't know they made one that much larger.

Did you get them at the price of Northridge?
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #194
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I didn't know they made one that much larger.

Did you get them at the price of Northridge?
I got them for $115 each but with free shipping. I asked Marcus, and he said 4x4 is out of stock on these shox. He recently just upgraded to the same system, and tried to get the same deal.

Unread 12-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #195
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Took off the rear bumper and removed the silver appliquť:

Both of the covers are sale.
image-408956764.jpg   image-2898409140.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.