Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

129K views 1K replies 62 participants last post by  BigBlue7 
#1 ·
"This is my JK. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My JK is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.
My JK, without me, is useless. Without my JK, I am useless."​
:salute:

I just celebrated my first year as a Jeep owner! At the time that I bought it, I have to admit, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Yeah yeah, we all have heard the J.E.E.P. saying; however, I am proud to say, I have found another hobby. I always wanted a Wrangler, and was intrigued by the 4 door. Being a recent graduate of the University of Kentucky, I fell in love with the color of the Deep Pearl Blue, "Kentucky Blue," JKU! At first sight I knew it was my soul-mate. Let's just say, quickly I learned beauty is much more than skin deep.

I would have started this build thread many months ago, but like I said, I had no idea how addicted I would become. So addicted, that I even keep a "Timeline" Word doc. on my desktop at work to track Big Blue's progress.

Previous owner had to be a chick, which was made obvious by all the eyeliner and hair ties buried under the driver side carpet, and the Kreayshawn CD left in the disc changer. :fear:

Here is how Big Blue sat when I bought him from CarMax, bone stock with 28,000 miles:

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks brother! :thumbsup: Yea, it's a little tight right now, but I have it set up right, so no rubbing!

This is more of story telling, than a build thread. At least until I catch up to my current additions.

#7 ·
Vehicle Information Breakdown

Assembly: Toledo, Ohio
Shipped by CarMax from Louisville, KY to North Alabama (two painful weeks of waiting)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
3.8 Liter, V6
Automatic, and yes... 4WD
Hard Top
3.73 Axle Ratio
P255/70R18
Grey Cloth Interior

Packages and Options:
Power Convenience Group - Power locks, windows, and keyless entry
Premium Appearance Group - Bumper appliques, interior silver accents
Trailer Tow Package
Remote Start

My first mod, was the removal of the CarMax decal from the tailgate, and the rearview mirror flip. :2thumbsup:

#10 ·
11/08/2011 - 12/09/2011

Got a full set of Rugged Ridge Custom Floor Mats
12920.01 All-Terrain Black Front Floor Liner Set
12950.01 All-Terrain Black Second Row 4-Door Liner
12975.01 All-Terrain Black Cargo Floor Mat

Added Mopar Grab Handles (2 pairs)
P/N - 82211740

Installed K&N Performance Intake Kit
K&N 77-1553KP

That was the last day Mountainside ORV was open.

Attachments

#11 ·
12/25/2011 - 12/27/2011

Smittybilt Cargo Restraint System (C-RES), low price and looks cool, but there are much better options.

Smittybilt Water Resistant Cab Cover - the worst product I have ever owned period. :thumbdown: Good for nothing.

Installed Rugged Ridge Gas Cover w/ Lock

Attachments

#13 ·
01/20/2012

Installed custom interior swing gate exit handle Pull the vent cover on the right side of the inside gate. you can't miss it. Don't know where he got the handle and grommet, though. handle/cable/brackets are hand throttle assy's at Kragens/PEPBOYS-etc, they have tobe "cut-to-fit. Throttle Cable" kits
Added inserts to fill gap between front seats and console (French Fry Mod) Smooth pipe insulation pieces to fill gap between front seats and console. Kind of a coin/french fry saver. They move with the seats too.

Attachments

#20 ·
Just got another package from my USPS guy, which was completely unexpected! :pickle: Rebel Off Road shipped fast!

The contents of said package is already installed! Took about 5 minutes, got it done just as the sun was setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.