Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

bfgoodrich ta ko in 275/70/17

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  terpsmandan 
#1 ·
they are only 32.2, so very close to stock height, but about half an inch wider. So If I run them on stock rims will they rub? If so is it enough that i really would need spacers?

#2 ·
If they are only a 1/2" wider you should be able to get buy with a washer on the steering stops. Watch the flares at full stuff and steering lock and check to see if you need to add some bump stop. I haven't run them or played with a rig that has that size so hopefully somebody knows better than I.

I love my KO2 tires, very quite on the highway and great traction in sand, snow, and dirt. JK's came with a C range tire and the tire you are looking at is only available in E range. I know you can run any range tire but why would you run a tire meant for a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup? Mine were special order, I had to convince the guy at discount tire he could order them in C range. They are the stock tire on a Ford Raptor (315/70R17).

To maintain your stock GVWR you will still need to run them at 36-37 PSI. Have you had much dental work done?...

#3 ·
I run 305/65R 17's on mine and ran those before the lift. Those are about .5" taller than yours and had no rub issues with the fenders. Not sure about the steering as I put on new wheels with 4.75" backspace.

#5 ·
One other thing I found while looking in to the tires. When I got my jeep it was used and it still had the bfgoodrich that come on the rubi which I do not like. There was another one on the lot with wrangler Duratecs in stock size, so they agreed to swap them for me. But after looking at specs I was shocked to see the duratecs even though they are the stock 255/75/70 only have a 7.5 tread width, while the stock bfgoodriches are 8.5 and the ko's in the 275/70 are 9 inches. I am shicked at how narrow the duratecs are....

#6 ·
That's the biggest reason why ratio of tread to rim width is hard to compare. Tire size is section width, not tread so same size tire can be too narrow for same rim. So one should always compare based on test rim widths as well as range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.