we have mud down here? LOL where?

They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't get me wrong I love the look of the Km2s and they do great so far. I too wanted/like a tall and skinny tire, I was just hoping to keep the same width of stock tire but just go taller, Thus it would be a taller tire that Looked skinnier because it was taller.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon -JKUR
Rescue Green 6-Spd, 33" KM2s- 17 x 8 BlackRock Series 909 wheels, Stainless Steel Gibson Exhaust & AFE Air Intake, Superchips, Aberle Front Bumper&10.5K Winch, PiAA ATP Lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 20 Old 04-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Rafi
2010 JK Wrangler 

anyone have pictures of the 225/80/17's? how "tall" and "skinny" does it really look
post #19 of 20 Old 04-16-2010, 06:20 PM
nismosis
2008 JK Wrangler 

Im pretty sure the width is also affected by the size rim it is mounted on.. I know for a 9 inch wide rim the overal width is wider than on an 8.5 inch wide rim. They take the 12.5'" tire width from a cross section of the tire( not neccessarily the traction portion of the tire) when it is mounted and inflated to spec. So it varies slightly by rims.. I might be a little mixed up, but i work for Michelin, who owns bfg, and i know in our tire spec guides it does make a difference..p.s. definitely a great tire, very high quality!
post #20 of 20 Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosis View Post
Im pretty sure the width is also affected by the size rim it is mounted on.. I know for a 9 inch wide rim the overal width is wider than on an 8.5 inch wide rim. They take the 12.5'" tire width from a cross section of the tire( not neccessarily the traction portion of the tire) when it is mounted and inflated to spec. So it varies slightly by rims.. I might be a little mixed up, but i work for Michelin, who owns bfg, and i know in our tire spec guides it does make a difference..p.s. definitely a great tire, very high quality!
Well should you have read my post above, you would of seen I actually mounted it on a WIDER rim(.5") thus it should be wider in theory. Oh hell..... forget......just trying to make people aware.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon -JKUR
Rescue Green 6-Spd, 33" KM2s- 17 x 8 BlackRock Series 909 wheels, Stainless Steel Gibson Exhaust & AFE Air Intake, Superchips, Aberle Front Bumper&10.5K Winch, PiAA ATP Lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.