Bestop Supertop problems - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Supertop problems

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #76
08JKSAHARAUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Received and installed the knob hold downs yesterday. I noticed a huge difference with these knobs - it appears to be snug across the entire header. The real test will be when I have a chance to hit highways speeds with all the windows in. For now it appears this is the fix for me. If I find differently in the future, I'll be sure to post.

JS - it sounds like your header was never right from the start. I suggest getting a new one under warranty if you can and give it another try.

08JKSAHARAUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #77
Coppage
2009 JK Wrangler 

I got the knobs and finally had a chance to install them this weekend. Thy seem to work. The header is now snug across. I have yet to get on the interstate, but going 55 it was snug. I think this fixed it for me.

Thanks All!

JS keep us up to date on your progress.
Coppage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #78
fightingmajor
2010 JK Wrangler 

Out of curiosity, why would you run an antenna wire out the front of you soft top like that in the first picture? I would think you were just asking for it to leak.
fightingmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #79
Coppage
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hi Fightingmajor, Not sure why ctgretzky99 was running his antenna that way but I'm not sure he's tracking this thread anymore. I think he gave up a while ago and sent back the top.

Mike
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #80
mdc144
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hope some of you are still monitoring this thread...

I posted the thread below prior to this one.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...sheild-954828/

My top still doesn't fit well and I went in this weekend to see if there were any new fixes when I found this thread.

Can anyone provide any feedback on the knob latches? I think that would help my problem a ton.
mdc144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #81
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

The knobs will allow you to torque the header into the right position.

That's not the same thing as a haeder that fits in the first place, but it's a solution of sorts.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #82
mdc144
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ha - good point. Just called BT they are shipping at no charge. Be here 7-10 days.

Thanks!
mdc144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #83
Coppage
2009 JK Wrangler 

The knobs worked for me. Got them last summer and it made a world of difference.
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #84
kingodlid
2007 JK Wrangler 

Freedom top issue. Please move wherever.

Can't find freedom top threads. I've read all of the reviews and pulled the trigger on a 2010 freedom top for my '07. Fits like a glove and no leaks. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to adjust for the center latch above the rear view. I dont want to move the "d" ring looking portion on the windshield over to the left. I will have to cut out the plastic frame to make room and it will not look correct. Is anyone aware of a adapter for using a '10 freedom top on a '07 JK? I bought this top in immaculate condition for $750. It's worth trying to figure out. Thanks in advance for any recomendations.
Cheers
kingodlid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestop , bestop supertop , JK Wrangler , supertop , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.