Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bestop Safari Bikini Top

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  FC2TurboMSS 
#1 ·
I am looking for something during the summer that is a good alternative to the soft top. I currently have a hard top but want something more "summer-like" for the upcoming season. Does anyone have one of these installed? How does it do at keeping rain out (during "emergency caught in rain with top off" situations)?

Is there a better solution? Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
I am interested in the same thing. I didn't want to deal with a full top, and the bikini top would be great. Guess I would have to empty out the little secret trunk compartment, since that would pretty much just fill with water if it rained.

#3 ·
You can just leave your two freedom top panels in place and remove the back part of the hardtop leaving you a hardtop bimini that's fairly easy to remove for full convertible. I"m thinking of getting a tonneau cover, removing the back seat and using the panels this summer!

#4 ·
I am hoping that they come up with a tonneau cover or something. I am not sure it is possible with the 4 Door. It will have to go inside the back doors. I used to run with the Bikini top and tonneau cover on my 98YJ and it was pretty rain proof unless it was a downpour.

BEAR :)

#9 ·
I got the MOPAR Bikini top and it uses the exact clamps as the soft top. The Bestop uses clamp also but are a little different then the MOPAR ones. The MOPAR top also requires the door surrounds from the soft top where the bestop can be used with or without them.

#10 ·
I'd like to go with the freedom top front pieces and then a canvas cover to go from the back of the freedom panels to behind the back seats.

I haven't seen anywhere that sells one like that, I may just fabricate something myself, alittle canvas, a little velcro, and I would be in business.

#13 ·
Bestop Safari Top

Just bought mine this weekend. should be at home when i get off work. I'll let you know how I make out with it. I'm crawling a few threads on this topic and reviews are slightly mixed on it. Generally, they're good though. I'll keep you updated. That aside, the first thing i'll be looking at is out to Mod out the safari top to allow closure of the OEM softop over the mesh one i bought. Where there is a will there is a way. hehe:2thumbsup:

#14 ·
Just bought mine this weekend. should be at home when i get off work. I'll let you know how I make out with it. I'm crawling a few threads on this topic and reviews are slightly mixed on it. Generally, they're good though. I'll keep you updated. That aside, the first thing i'll be looking at is out to Mod out the safari top to allow closure of the OEM softop over the mesh one i bought. Where there is a will there is a way. hehe:2thumbsup:
This has been done already... Here's the thread about the mod...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571535&highlight=bikini

#16 ·
Bestop safari mesh top review

I LOVE IT!!! I had no issues with mine. It installed just fine, its tight, doesn't flap in the wind, and with top completely removed is mean as hell lookin'. As for the Mod, dude, thanks. I'll contact you when i decide to do the mod. Thanks again.:2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.