Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bestop Safari Bikini for JK Unlimited

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wrestlerobx 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has installed one of these with the soft-top door rails in place. I went to put my newly purchased one on today and it just doesn't fit correctly. I have the header all snapped in and snugged down and it does "fit" across the top and back ok but the drip rail plastic pieces are too long to fit in the rail channels. No matter how much I pull forward or backwards they don't fit. There is a small piece on the back of the door rail that stops the entire piece on the bikini top from going in the channel. Its like the plastic rails on the top are just about an inch or two too long for the door rails. This is brand new and I certainly don't want to have to cut anything. THis is supposed to fit out of the box, no? I mean it is pretty obvious that the dry-fit and lining it up..it just won't work. Anyone else have this problem with this model top? :confused: Thanks for any input...

#3 · (Edited)
I had three different replacements and it still doesn't fit over the door rails..Oh yes, the OP is right the plastic pieces are too long .. I did put a cut in them to fit over that small ridge in the door rail..I tried everything to fit them over the door rails.. even after a 90 degrees sunny day. Also their "customer service" is so out of touch with what "customer care" should be. Instead of reimbursement, no.. they want pictures.. Don't tell me they don't know about this issue... They initially admitted they had a "Quality issue" and I was to re-order from the retailer which I did for 2 more replacements..(they don't deal directly with the customer.. oh no.. they don't do that..)
To say it kindly, they are just "arrogant".. Hence I will never buy from them anymore. :thumbdown:

#4 ·
That's really weird. Though the from rails are longer than the channels, mine works and stays in place perfectly. I don't know how to properly explain this, but I start from the header and work my way back. I use the extra length of the rail to begin the 'rolling under' of the rail. Slips right in, and I've driven 70 with it on, and never a problem.

#6 ·
i made notches myself and then put that little flap in the rear channel and then overlaped the longer channel under that so its like three inches of mine are doubled up. it works alright but looks kinda stupid from above. I do not care really because it functions way better than i thought it would in the rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.