Bestop Element Door storage bags - work with enclosure panels? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Element Door storage bags - work with enclosure panels?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 06-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
FiveForFighting
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bestop Element Door storage bags - work with enclosure panels?

Has anyone with enclosure panels on their Element doors successfully attached the Bestop storage bags? I've had the doors for two summers now, and have been quite happy with them, although the latches were a biotch to install.

Just got the bags as a present, only to find out due to how the panels are welded on, I don't think there is any way the bag will fit over the tubes now, even if I totally disassembled the doors. Which I won't, because they were not easy to assemble. I'm thinking of cutting the bags to make them fit. Has anyone done this yet?

FiveForFighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
wilywillie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Do the bags have grommets, or some way to run longer strips of Velcro/strapping? I just run doorless, but straps and Velcro can do amazing things

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
JSingr

Any update? I ordered a set of the doors and thinking about using the bags facing inside.. According to the bestop website. They said it should work with the enclosures.

http://www.bestop.com/truck-racks/be...=product&id=98
JSingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
JSingr

The bags for fine with the enclosure..but can't see how to install without taking it apart. They fit snug so I don't think cutting would work well.
JSingr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.