Bestop Bikini Top Safari; JUNK! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Bikini Top Safari; JUNK!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 07-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #16
BestopTeam

They don't work for Bestop, but I do.

You can reach our customer support team at 800-845-3567 or at csbestop.com.

If you read through the threads, you'll most likely spot a pattern: we can get people who are frustrated with our products, but they like our support. Try them.

Thanks!!

BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
boostedboxer
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm happy with my bestop safari top not the mesh one though.
boostedboxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #18
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nradave View Post
Since I just got the top, it's a new topic to me.
No worries at all. I just love seeing old posts come up-- it makes me smile

Anyway.... when I had the top without the door surrounds, I was a bit disappointed with the noise and fit. But once I got the surrounds, the thing is like a factory lid. I use it with the full doors, and it is awesome. I've driven 600 miles with it on, at freeway speeds and it was perfect.

Yes, it's VERY difficult to get on in the chilly weather, but work from front to back, rolling the plastic pieces into the channels. You're digits will hurt, but it can be done.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
LakeTravisJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

yep... they definitely had quality issues back in 2007. I bought my mesh bikini back in '07 or '08 and it had snaps that didn't line up with the header channel either, and mine was for a 2-door. Other than that, it fits VERY tight(sore thumb tight) around the door surrounds, but doesn't flap that much anywhere. Moderately satisfied...
LakeTravisJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
JKIslander
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
Hahaha..... 1st post and it brings up a 3 year old topic! That is odd.
and had he just started a thread asking about this top, he would have had someone jump him and tell him to try using the search function
JKIslander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #21
Orrin
2008 JK Wrangler 

I must say, the newer generation is much better. (Mesh bikini) A friend of mine bought one for a 2 door right when the JK came out in '07. I just got one a couple months ago. The header bar is much improved.

And Yes, I had the forethought to let that sucker sit in the sun before I put it on for the first time. Could not imagine any other way. It's very snug and doesn't flap around.
Unread 07-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #22
TGuiles
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nradave View Post
Since I just got the top, it's a new topic to me. Glad to see that people on the forum are here to help each other though. You've both been a big help. You guys must work for Bestop or something.
Yeah, and if you would have posted a new topic, you would have been ragged on for not searching.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Unread 07-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #23
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
Yes, it's VERY difficult to get on in the chilly weather, but work from front to back, rolling the plastic pieces into the channels. You're digits will hurt, but it can be done.
Am I the only one that had to cut the plastic pieces to get them to go in the channels?? There is a spot on the surround that kept my bikini from snapping into it. I'd post a pic, but don't have photobucket here at work, may be able to when I get home.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.