Bestop bikini & surrounds (pic HEAVY!!) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop bikini & surrounds (pic HEAVY!!)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Bestop bikini & surrounds (pic HEAVY!!)

So there have been a couple of threads about the combination of a bestop bikini & door surrounds lately. Here are MANY pics of this combination, how it's installed, and what it looks like during install.

Door surrounds

Top laid out

Attaching header bar

Header bar sealed up

Starting on one side, at the front, roll the plastic clip up under the channel on the surround

Getting it started is the hardest part. Once started, just continue to 'roll' it into the channel.

This is where it gets tough. Repeat for the front on the opposite side. This requires some serious hand strength-- especially if it's cold-- but you want this very tight.

Now get started on the second row. Same thing..... one side at a time, fold the front edge of the plastic clip / strip up under the channel.

Continue to roll it under, then repeat on the other side. Now all 4 door channels (and the two mini-channels) are done, and it's time to move to the clips. Sit in the rear seat and put the two clips around the BACK side of the speaker bar, and into the empty can-bolt holes, and pull the straps tight.

Loop the rear corner straps up under the sport bar and attach.

For the rear center (2) straps, leave the clip towards the cargo area, but pull the strap back around the TOP of the sport bar, loop around bottom, and attach.

DONE!!

ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
dirtyjpwrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

sweet post. What kind of seat covers are those?
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Wet Okole. And notice the fade in my (previously) black roll bar covers, yet NONE one my black Wet Okoles. I could not be happier with them.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

injteresting. My bestop header channel is different and I have tosee if I have those plastic peices down the side of the Bikini top. Also I have pieces that wrap around the front horizontal bar which you don't seem to have.

Thanks for the pic!
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Caveman757
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just purchased that for my hardtop and the fit is really crappy. Obviously these are not made for hardtops at all. There is extra material on the sides and when you tighten the velcro it just bunches up and looks tacky. Been going back and forth with Morris 4x4, but it seems like I'm just screwed. Maybe they'll take it back.
Caveman757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman757 View Post
I just purchased that for my hardtop and the fit is really crappy. Obviously these are not made for hardtops at all. There is extra material on the sides and when you tighten the velcro it just bunches up and looks tacky. Been going back and forth with Morris 4x4, but it seems like I'm just screwed. Maybe they'll take it back.
This isn't the first time I've heard that.

What's a guy gotta do to have a proper bikini top fit his hardtop equipped jeep?????
Unread 05-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
71luber
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18

This isn't the first time I've heard that.

What's a guy gotta do to have a proper bikini top fit his hardtop equipped jeep?????
Unfortunately, spring for a trektop nx.
71luber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71luber View Post
unfortunately, spring for a trektop nx.
x2
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
Kurtz265
2012 JK Wrangler 

Diggin the seat covers
Kurtz265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
02 Grand
2011 JK Wrangler 

Hmmm, my header has knobs and a bracket to attached to the loop instead of the clamp. that looks much easier. I wish they made a retrofit kit.

There really isn't any bikini love for those of us with hardtops. There were many ways for Bestop to have made it better and they ignored all of them in favor of wimpy velcro straps that rip off after a few uses.

Like those tube doors... Those may be my next purchase.

Your seat covers have held up great. When the fading on the roll bar cover gets to be too much, look into the spray paint made for faded fabric. It works really well.
In the past: 05 WK, 02 WJ
02 Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

i can't get my bestop safari/bikini top to clip-in or fit right unless its over 110deg outside. I have since moved to the UK and it is impossible to put on correctly.....junk
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
Patterson1985
2007 JK Wrangler 

Mopar or Bestop Door Surround

Just wondering if you are using the mopar oem door surrounds or the bestop aftermarket ones? I have the Bestop surrounds, but that top is impossible to put on - does it only work with the OEM Mopar surrounds?
Patterson1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patterson1985 View Post
Just wondering if you are using the mopar oem door surrounds or the bestop aftermarket ones? I have the Bestop surrounds, but that top is impossible to put on - does it only work with the OEM Mopar surrounds?
I have the Bestop Door Surrounds and use the 2010 bikini and had to have the wrap around the roll bar shortened so it did not interfere with the knobs for the surrounds. Also I have the wrap around windjammer and the surrounds are wider and put enough tension that jammer pulls it out of the grooves... Wish I would bought some OEM ones...
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
Caveman757
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71luber View Post
Unfortunately, spring for a trektop nx.
That's exactly what I did. I like the nx good enough but it cuts back on your cargo space for trips, etc.

BTW, Morris took the original top back with no issues. I think I was just talking to someone who wasn't really familiar with the top.
Caveman757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.