Bestop bikini safari top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop bikini safari top

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
nodicesteven
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bestop bikini safari top

After reading good reviews on this top I bought it yesterday to swap between my spiderwebshade for the rainy days. I am sure I followed the instructions properly but it seems like there is a little bit of excess fabric sticking up so it seems like water will easily get through the sides. It fit perfectly in the door surrounds. Anyone else using this top maybe can give a little insight? Thanks!

nodicesteven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
doc5339
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just bought and installed the top. I feel that it is an OK fit at best. It is a sub-par product as far as I can see. I find myself wondering I the Quadratec Bimini Top would have been any better?
doc5339 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am also wondering about the Quadratec package, I am not totally impressed with my Bestop. Someone please post a review if you have it.
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
NivlemRulz
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the BestTop Safari Bikini, Duster, Windjammer Combo. Overall I really enjoy this top. I run it pretty much exclusively from spring through fall. I love the duster because it hides anything I keep in the back of the jeep so no one is tempted to walk away with it. When you unhook the windjammer from the roll cage, it folds nicely behind the front seats so you always have it with you. The bikini top rolls up and will fit in the back just fine.

There are a few drawbacks to the product:
1.This set by no means keeps all the water out of the Jeep. The windjammer wraps around the roll bar so there is a big gap between the doors and the top. The duster wraps around the roll bars in the back, but during a heavy rain, water will roll down the roll cage and get in the back. I do not put this top on until I have pulled all my carpet for the summer.
2. The bikini top was designed to fit with or without door surrounds. This means it fits neither way that great. Usually when I have mine on it is with door surrounds because it seals the cabin better. There are these weird flaps toward the front that you have to fold over to use with the door surrounds. This is because extra fabric is needed to fit the top without the surrounds. The top leaks around the doors somewhat worse than the factory soft top does. In part it is due to this design.
3. The piece of the bikini that wraps under my speakers on the roll cage is way too big so I had to rig up a way to tighten it down. Also the back is held down by wrapping straps around the rear seat belts. I think attaching those straps somehow to the body would work better. (I think one or both of these issues have been fixed with newer ones)

Overall I really like this top. I highly recommend the duster and windjammer, I wish the bikini top fit better.
NivlemRulz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Bill5423

I just put my combo on today. I have a hard top so I don't have door surrounds but I feel like I need them because the gap in he door is pretty bad and I feel in a heavy rain It will let a ton of water in. So I tried finding a parts number for factory door surrounds but I can't find anything. Does anyone know where I can buy the correct door surrounds for a 12 2 door that will fit with this bikini ?

Thanks a lot
Bill5423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.