Bestop 2 piece doors... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop 2 piece doors...

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 08-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bestop 2 piece doors...

Alright, I really want half doors for the summer and I am considering the Bestop 2 piece doors. I can put the window in when rains, and I think it looks pretty cool all black.

Bestop 51798-35 - Bestop® 2-Piece Front Doors in Black Diamond for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Does anyone have a 2dr white Jeep with those on? I would like real half doors but they are so freaking expensive..

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Read on my friend. Doors also!.http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...r-cap-1081458/
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Nevermind Thanks for the info I will never buy a bestop product now

Any alternatives?
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 08-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

There are no alternatives that I know of.

On the same note, several people DO have these doors and haven't had any major issues.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
SlvrJK08
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the bestop soft doors. They are great in the warm months because they are very easy to remove, and are very lightweight compared to the stock steel doors. I think the matte black doors look pretty cool. All that being said they don't seal up very well, so don't expect your interior to stay perfectly dry during a hard rain storm. I also have a problem with the uppper portion of the door sucking out at highway speeds creating a gap I can see the sky through while driving down the road. I have issues trying the get the 2 halves apart as well. My driver side door comes apart with little effort but the passenger side door requires 2 people to get apart. I'm no small guy at 215 pounds either, lol. All of that being said i'd still recommend them for the warmer months. I't very nice to have both doors removed in under a minute, and I can pretty much throw them anywhere w/o having to worrk about scratches and dents. I know other members on this site have had better experiences with the 2 piece doors and they seem to recommend them as well. Here's a pic of mine on my silver jk:
Unread 08-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Eh they do nt' look that good. You can see the actual frame in them.. :-\

They have a lock on them? I'm scared to order them now, they don't seem like very good quality :O

---
Quote:
Unread 08-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

What if I buy these doors:
Bestop 51796-35 - HighRock 4x4™ Element™ Front Doors with Storage Bags in Black Diamond for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
And put this on it:
Bestop 51805-35 - HighRock 4x4™ Element™ Front Upper Doors in Black Diamond for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Or buy one of these:
HighRock 4x4™ Painted Element™ Front Door Enclosure Kit for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec <-- does that accept a window?
Bestop 51803-01 - HighRock 4x4™ Element™ Front Door Enclosure Kit for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

---
Quote:
Unread 08-07-2010, 05:30 AM   #8
SlvrJK08
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was actually gonna mention those but forgot, lol. If i had to do it all over again i prolly would have went that route. Personally I thhink the uppers with the door enclosure kit on the lowers (your second option there) seems like to be the way to go. As far as I can tell the window mounts to the tube door itself so it wouldn't matter if you had the encolsure kit or the storage bags.
Unread 08-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

For the element door, you need the tube door (the first link you posted, the upper door (the second thing you posted) AND to fully enclose your Jeep, you will need the front door enclosure (the third thing you posted) All in all it's over 1000 bucks. Now the Front door enclosure has no weather stripping so there is not a good seal made with the frame. You will probably get a better weather seal with the soft doors to keep out the rain. Both lock the same, but most here believe locking a door with plastic windows doesn't make much sense anyways.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, I'll research it some more and see what my options are. I'm not really trying to get a "tight" fit just a fit so I can at least go to work without arriving soaked.

---
Quote:

Last edited by MacK; 08-08-2010 at 08:41 PM..
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the doors for my four door. They are a great concept and there is no other way to run NO doors and have something to keep the elements out if it rains. HOWEVER, I think an armless blind man in China assembles them with one foot. Nothing lines up, even the Velcro (hook & pile) strips don't line up on the inside.

What's really funny is that bestop sent me a door to replace ONE of the messed up doors and it was messed up too. I could have sent them back all day long but the chance of getting all four doors and having them all correct was so low that I just had to run them, otherwise my $900 doors would have spent their life in the mail.

Bestop, FIX YOUR QUALITY CONTROL.

I fixed the problem. You have to bend the upper so that it is spring loaded and add pipe insulation to stop the flapping.

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Perhaps I should not go with bestop and wait for a better quality product to come along?

---
Quote:

Tags
2 piece doors , bestop , half doors , JK Wrangler , oppinion , questions , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.