Best Tuner For The Money - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Tuner For The Money

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
05x

Lets get this straight for everybody ... You say you did your research and that you work in a lab BUT you've never used one ? I, like most people would not only find this ignorant but comical.
Maybe we should start debating why you chose the procal or better yet lets hear what mods your currently running or are thinking of running.
Nobodys looking for 400hp out of a jeep with basic mods you need to do real world research instead of preaching to us how smart you think you are. You should also skim the ford and chevy forums on this topic and report back to us.

05x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #32
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't the aero force gauges let you do a lot of this stuff while displaying other information when the vehicle is in use too?
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #33
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Nobody cares about this ridiculous Superchips argument. Why don't you two take this to PM. The OP was asking about gear and speedo calibration. Offer up your advice and move on.

Why do moderators on JF allow these pissing contests to continue without stepping in and shutting them down? This makes the search function useless. When I first started coming on here the search function was amazing. Now it seems like everyone has to wade through pages of bull**** to get to the actual topic. Which is why there is a thread started everyday beating a dead horse.
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #34
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
Nobody cares about this ridiculous Superchips argument. Why don't you two take this to PM. The OP was asking about gear and speedo calibration. Offer up your advice and move on.

Why do moderators on JF allow these pissing contests to continue without stepping in and shutting them down? This makes the search function useless. When I first started coming on here the search function was amazing. Now it seems like everyone has to wade through pages of bull**** to get to the actual topic. Which is why there is a thread started everyday beating a dead horse.
?? the thread is titled "Best tuner for the money", the argument is about whether a certain tuner delivers what's in the marketing hype, how is this off topic???

I think you're in the wrong thread

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #35
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

On topic would be providing facts and links instead of personal insults. Any tuner thread turns into a debate, though, so you're right, I guess it is on topic in normal fashion.
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #36
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk403 View Post
This thread is going nowhere.
This guy summed it up long before I did.
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #37
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05x View Post
Lets get this straight for everybody ... You say you did your research and that you work in a lab BUT you've never used one ? I, like most people would not only find this ignorant but comical.
Maybe we should start debating why you chose the procal or better yet lets hear what mods your currently running or are thinking of running.
Nobodys looking for 400hp out of a jeep with basic mods you need to do real world research instead of preaching to us how smart you think you are. You should also skim the ford and chevy forums on this topic and report back to us.
What is with the insults? I do my research and use my own knowledge before purchasing something, and happen to have come to the conlclusion that I do not want to spend the extra money on something that I cannot find any proof that it ACTUALLY does something, I dont trust the seat of your pants feel, I like numbers.

I am trying to provide a counter point to people saying "ZOMG this thing is legit I get so much POWER!!" by telling people what I have seenand talked with people who have done it. Hell I even was with a GM engineer on a wheeling trip and we discussed chips in detail.

I did look at those forums and its all the same. Some guy comes on saying how big of a difference it is, almost entirely for automatics. The OP has a 6 speed.

I also never insulted you so why are you so butt hurt about what Im saying?
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #38
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I paid $329 or whatever for the superchips. Wouldn't drive without it after I felt the difference. Really made an improvement in shift points and more bearable to drive on the highway.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #39
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

R e g e a r.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.