Best tune with superchips - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best tune with superchips

CCOR is Hiring! Athens, GA!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 08-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
specialty8
2007 TJ Wrangler 

Best tune with superchips

I found lots of information on this but what do those of you who use superchips think is the best tune? I am currently using tow tune because it seems to work best for me around town. I tried 91 but it definitely didn't work well on my 07 Rubicon with auto trans.

specialty8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
goodwrenchdave
2008 JK Wrangler 

Never seen the " tow tune"... mind you there are a few superchip tuners. Don't recall the number but mine is good upto 2015.
I just use the 87 oct. It's what's minimum at the pump anyways. Ain't no way I want my jeep dining on exquisite gas! It's already got quite the appetite.
I use the tune more for the responsiveness. ( REMOVES LAG)
goodwrenchdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
specialty8
2007 TJ Wrangler 

I have been using the tow tune. It' seems to be much more responsive around town and short trips. May not be as good on the highway but many do use it all the time. I tried the 93 0ctane tune and it was good but when I checked the price of that the 89 was 2.39 and 93 was 2.99 a gallon. No way I was going to spoil the Jeep on that treat or myself. I was checing to see what others were doing and if they had gotten into the special menu options and what they had come up with. Thanks
Unread 08-26-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwrenchdave View Post
Never seen the " tow tune"... mind you there are a few superchip tuners. Don't recall the number but mine is good upto 2015.
I just use the 87 oct. It's what's minimum at the pump anyways. Ain't no way I want my jeep dining on exquisite gas! It's already got quite the appetite.
I use the tune more for the responsiveness. ( REMOVES LAG)
You have to remember when u put a fresh tune on the jeep, the jeep will have to still learn the new gas being added and the way u drive, when u reflash the jeep and start driving it ur not going to see results 100% right away

Also the flash Cal works with the 2015 jks the flash paq tunes do not work on the 2015 jks only what the flash cal options work on the flash paq on a 2015 and of course the flash cal it self If that's only what u got
Moezer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2015, 12:24 AM   #5
specialty8
2007 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer View Post
You have to remember when u put a fresh tune on the jeep, the jeep will have to still learn the new gas being added and the way u drive, when u reflash the jeep and start driving it ur not going to see results 100% right away

Also the flash Cal works with the 2015 jks the flash paq tunes do not work on the 2015 jks only what the flash cal options work on the flash paq on a 2015 and of course the flash cal it self If that's only what u got
I have not done this yet but Ron at Superchips suggested that you remove the positive cable and hold on the ground cable for 30 seconds or more to discharge the capacitors so the computer will relearn. He suggested doing this with about all the mods you do such as CAI, exhaust,etc. I understand the the only thing you would lose is the time on the radio. What you think of that suggestion?
Unread 08-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #6
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialty8 View Post

I have not done this yet but Ron at Superchips suggested that you remove the positive cable and hold on the ground cable for 30 seconds or more to discharge the capacitors so the computer will relearn. He suggested doing this with about all the mods you do such as CAI, exhaust,etc. I understand the the only thing you would lose is the time on the radio. What you think of that suggestion?
The computer is always learning driving styles u can do that too but the computer will still need to get use to it
Moezer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #7
specialty8
2007 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer View Post
The computer is always learning driving styles u can do that too but the computer will still need to get use to it
I just did this cable disconnect for whatever it's worth. Putting on my catbacks now.
Unread 08-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #8
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwrenchdave View Post
Ain't no way I want my jeep dining on exquisite gas!
Love it! So Dom Perignon '91 is out of the question....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.