Best Soft Tops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Soft Tops

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 06-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Best Soft Tops

would like to hear experiences especially frameless vs frame.

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the trec top NX which is a frameless top. windows come off easy enough. front half of the top also folds back. I like the top. lead proof "mostly" but one needs to really work to get the windows into the door surrounds completely.

I would get another one if needed.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've got the supertop nx which is the framed version. It definitely costs more, which is (to me) the worst thing about it. The windows are easy to remove/install (probably similar if not the same as the trektop), but instead of removing the entire top I can just fold it down in the back. Instead of fully removing the rear window I've started just leaving it rolled up. I've lowered the top with the rear window still rolled up a couple of times and haven't noticed a problem or any scratches (yet...I'm keeping an eye on it). Putting it back up and all windows in only takes a few minutes, less with two people...it can be a bit awkward doing it yourself, but it's not difficult. If I need to remove the whole thing, once it's lowered it takes about 10 seconds to detach. It also has a sunrider feature up front.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.