Best shocks for a good ride on a 2" RC lifted 09 Sahara 4door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best shocks for a good ride on a 2" RC lifted 09 Sahara 4door

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Best shocks for a good ride on a 2" RC lifted 09 Sahara 4door

My wife Sahara has a terrible ride. We bought it used and it has what appears to be a 2" Rough Country lift on it. Is has relocation brackets for the track bars, and plain white wrapper shocks. It also has new springs not the spacers. I apologize to RC if it is not their lift, but whosever it is it rides like t-total dump. I have a 09 4dr Rubi with a Mopar lift and mine rides much better even when we had the same wheels and tires. I now have 15" wheels and a load range c tire on the Rubi and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE. It rode better to begin with but hose new tires made a UNIVERSE of difference. I plan on putting 15s on hers as well but I also would like to replace the shocks and potentially the springs first. Does anyone have a shock they reccomend? This thing is purely a mall crawler. Thanks!

Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
reTJcon01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

those sound like RC's ''base'' shock model, and yes they do ride like crap. I rode in a TJ once with OME shocks and wow, what a world of difference. The RC 2.2 series shocks arent bad either, just depends what you wanna spend..
reTJcon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the RC BB with the 2.2 shocks. They ride a little stiffer than stock and in my opinion much better! For the price I think they are a good choice.
For me it was a $100 difference between the BB with extensions vs, with the 2.2 shocks

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

I dont want anything stiffer. It has sway bars for "handling". I want whatever is going to have the best ride quality and not cost $1000.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.