Best riding lift for running 33's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best riding lift for running 33's

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #1
sect8dr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Best riding lift for running 33's

Wife wants to lift her 14 Hydro Blue freedom edition just a little bit and I am looking at running 33" Falken Wildpeaks. Probably going to do a full spring kit unless the consensus is to just throw on some spacer and shocks and be done with it. She just wants it a little taller and to level it out a little. Looking for comments from those that have lifted their JK just a little. Thanks

sect8dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 07:36 AM   #2
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just put Synergy coils on the 4 door for a little lift and am running 285's (small 33" tire). I'm very happy with the ride and it's an improvement over stock. I used their 1" rear and 2" front coils.

For a 2 door, I would have went with 1" rear and 1" front.

Old Man Emu would also be worth looking into. They make some good coils for small lifts.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:13 AM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sect8dr View Post
Wife wants to lift her 14 Hydro Blue freedom edition just a little bit and I am looking at running 33" Falken Wildpeaks. Probably going to do a full spring kit unless the consensus is to just throw on some spacer and shocks and be done with it. She just wants it a little taller and to level it out a little. Looking for comments from those that have lifted their JK just a little. Thanks
Shocks are going to effect ride the most. If you like the way it rides you can just add spacers and shock adapters if you want to flex it at all. If you are going to do some more wheeling and would like to maximize travel, the Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit is a good option for a leveling kit that includes coils instead of spacers.

My recommendation is coils if you're going to stretch it legs on the trail and spacers if it's stay on the road. Either way so quality shocks can help the ride.

Let me know if you have questions or would like a quote!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #4
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

You can go the coil spacer route without shock extensions if you keep the spacers under 2", Daystar 1.75" coil spacers work very nice with 285/70/17s. You can also check your spring #s and look into larger # stock springs! which will also allow you to keep your stock shocks. What SLADE mentioned is another option, you'd have to check with the company about how much lift their springs will actually give you and whether that will require shock extensions or aftermarket shocks.
If it's your wife's DD and it doesn't see much moderate off-roading, stick with a cheap/easy solution that gives you the clearance you need for your tires.
Another thing to keep in mind is the width of those 33"s.....if you are running stock wheels you might get some rubbing, and need wheel spacers. 285s are a little narrower and you might be able to get away without wheel spacers.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #5
Gojo03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ours had 33s when we got it. My wife wanted a small lift... I put a 2.5" on it... then she wanted 35s... Now it has 35s and she wants 3.5" lift..... Be careful going down the rabbit hole!
Gojo03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.