Best Liftkit For Jk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Liftkit For Jk

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
ChopperKrawler

Best Liftkit For Jk

OK JK owners, I'm wanting everyones opinion on the best liftkit (3-4in) for an unlimited. I'll be running 35's and moderate offroading. I was looking at comparing the Skyjacker, Rancho, and TeraFlex kits. I had a Skyjacker kit on my TJ and never had any problems with 6 years of use. I saw in another post where someone was bashing Skyjacker and was wanting to know if there was any validity behind this. If anyone has any of these kits installed on their JK or has any expertise please post.

Unread 01-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Good
1975 CJ5 

Man, a local shop to me which will remain nameless swears by Rubicon Express. They have a few LJs on 37s and what used to be Full Traction lifts and they couldn't keep them straight on the highway so they changed to the RE stuff and they haven't had any problems since. RE is also releasing LONG arm kits BUT they're going to be over $3k. That suxorz.
Mostly Jeep...

All American.
Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
TexasChopper

this is a Ford vs. Chevrolet vs. Chrysler question.... Everyone has their opinion. I'm willing to bet if you get anything from a known maker of kits and not one made by Jethro's Backard Lift Kits, you will be fine.
TexasChopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

havent heard much good from Skyjacker. Although if your looking at a spacer lift, that is hard to screw up, unless it comes with crappy shocks.

If i had the choice, id take the rancho or tera first

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

they are all fundamentally the same for a boost that small. the completeness of the kit, and difference in shocks is really what you are going to be looking for. like they said, everybody has a preference. i like the RE monotube and OME's shocks, and will probably peicemeal together a 4" kit with OME's shocks for my 37's when i get back to america.
if you are only doing moderate wheeling on 35's, why not just get a BB with some really good shocks?
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
ChopperKrawler

Because "moderate" to me includes a couple of trips to Moab a year and weekend visits to the Superlift park in Hot Springs, AR
Unread 01-09-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
bofer84

Location: lakeland florida/ seneca south carolina/tampa florida
is it a rubicon..? if it was, you would have no trouble what so ever with just a body lift and 35s, actually, you would prolly be doing great. If its not, then i would suggest a lift thats bigger
bofer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'll be watching this thread with interest. I won't be getting mine for about another 4 years and hopefully the aftermarket companies will have perfected the 4" lift.
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofer84
is it a rubicon..? if it was, you would have no trouble what so ever with just a body lift and 35s, actually, you would prolly be doing great. If its not, then i would suggest a lift thats bigger
Why? Because of the Rubi's upgraded shocks?
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
2JK
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Over the last 33 years, I've used my own creations, Rough Country, Rancho, Superlift, Skyjacker and Rubicon Express. They all served their purpose, albeit on a wide variety of 4x4's. You get what you pay for. Simplicity also counts for alot in terms of operation and maintenance. My JK Rubicon Unlimited was loaded on the train today. I won't see it until January 26. In any case it stays stock for a few months, while the TJ Rubicon does the heavy duty work. I'm going to watch and wait to see what pops up on the aftermarket scene. One thing for sure...DC has made the new JK much easier to modify than the TJ. Building my TJ was way too challenging! Almost as hard as my '67 CJ5. I want to see and hear what you all experfience.

JK
2JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #11
bofer84

why you ask...no not because of the upgraded shocks, well the main thing is the electronic sway bar disconect. With an RTI score of like 832...stock, how could you need to upgrade the suspension even more, alot of lifted vehicals cant do that. Just for a comparo a D90 has an RTI score of 580 stock. other things that will help you get further then most other things are the locker upfront. But im willing to bet aslong as you put larger tires on there, you could pretty much tackle anything in your path, you might hear the skid plates a little, but thats it.

I really dont think you will utileze anything over 1000 RTI on a regular basis, you really dont need that much travel, but the ground clearance and bigger tires are a must
Unread 01-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #12
ChopperKrawler

yeah, ground clearance was my main concern especially with the extended base of the unlimited. i'll probably go with a 4 inch lift. been looking at RE and maybe some OME shocks...anyways thanks for the info everybody
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #13
bofer84

Just letting you know you can fit 37s with a 4 inch lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.