Best Lift, Tire & Rim Combo for 2015 Wrangler - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
afflicted
2015 JK Wrangler 

Best Lift, Tire & Rim Combo for 2015 Wrangler

Hey guys!

I have a 2015 Wrangler Sahara 4 Door Unlimited. I don't want to change the gear ratio and will use it as a daily driver.

I was thinking about going with a Pro Comp Long Arm Lift kit with Fox Shocks, with 33 Inch tires and smaller rims (not really a fan of big rims). Just wanted to get everyone's insight on the lift size- should I go 6 inch, or would that leave too much space in the wheel well?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 10:48 AM
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

For 33's I would do NO lift. I think if you let us know your end goals, looks, OR performance, type of OR driving, then we could help you. A lot of what you do really depends on what you want to do with the vehicle.

08 JK 23S - Colorado Jeep Club No. 204
Too much to list - see my profile for details on build
16 JK Rubi with all the trimmings
NRA Life member
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
post #3 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 11:42 AM
JeremyatKOR
WWW.KRAWLOFF-ROAD.COM

2008 JK Wrangler 

I would worry about the pro comp kits. I have heard some people complain about them. Why would you do 33's on a LA kit? At that height you are kinda setting yourself up for 37's rather than 33's. Also I would be ready to swap out drive shafts once you go that route because of the increase in height and articulation offroad. If you wanted to do 33's you could look at Rock Krawler 1.5 expedition or max travel kit that would net you about 2 inches of height which would easily clear the tires. If you ran 35's you could look at 17's and a 2.5 max travel or x factor mid arm kit and be just fine.

Jeremy

Want It? We Got It!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 11:53 AM
ncb

I ran 33s with only adding a one inch spacer to the front coils to level it (not for tire clearance). It had a very minimal rub in the front at full flex. No need for a long arm suspension for 33s, and certainly not a Pro-Comp lift.
Attached Images

post #5 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
afflicted
2015 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the quick replies guys! For my end result, I'm looking for it to have an aggressive look- I do like being high up, and I was looking at LA Kits because I heard they preserve the ride better than SA Kits- any truth here?

I want to do the biggest tire possible without having to mess with the gear ratio or drive shaft- does that help narrow it down a bit?

For the type of driving- I drive it on the highway to and from work 5 days per week for about 10 miles. On the weekends, I usually hit the mountain trails which my stock Jeep does fine on currently. I plan on taking it out to Joshua Tree, mudding and ideal doing some water crossings once the snorkel kit is on (another reason I was going for a higher lift). I guess my ideal goal is to go as big as I can without swapping gears or drive line- while preserving the ride and increasing the off road capability~ Damn....that sounded like a sales brochure LOL ~Anyway, hope this helps and you guys are still awake lol
post #6 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 03:58 PM
Double_DD-s
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well you can do 33" tires w/o any lift. And with 33" and a spacer (leveling) up front that will get you the look your probably looking for. And it will get you through pretty much anything out in Joshua Tree.

If you want to do a lift, majority of folks do a 2 to 2 1/2" lift. With 2 1/2" lift you can comfortably run 35"s. With 35s people tend to want different gearing. But if you want to do a giant lift, you're looking at major cash.
post #7 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
afflicted
2015 JK Wrangler 

Here is the height I'm going for (See below)- definitely doing the stubby fenders, so maybe a smaller lift would look bigger with these since they expose the tire more?

post #8 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
afflicted
2015 JK Wrangler 

**Just in case the images didn't go through~~
Attached Images

post #9 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 05:01 PM
BlueBabySound
2014 JK Wrangler 

There's no such thing as a "best lift" only what's best for you and how you're going to use it. 6" IMO is WAY too much lift. Way too much!!
For 33" you need 0 lift. Now if you want some lift for the look then consider 2.5-3", anything more you'll need driveshafts.

EDIT: Your pics above are probably 5" of lift and 38s.

Here's a couple of pics of mine with 37s and a 3" lift:

His- 2014 JKUR Copperhead Pearl
Hers- 2018 JK Gobi
Retired: 2016 JKWW
Retired: 2013 JK
post #10 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 05:01 PM
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you want tires that large, you're going to need gearing.

Stick with a 33" tire with no lift or a 2"-2.5" lift like people have already suggested. A smaller lift in that size from Teraflex, AEV of OME should work just fine and not cost you much.

The stock arms are closer to a mid-size arm anyways. You won't need a long-arm kit. That's overkill and s crap load of money to toss if you're not rock crawling lot.

silver jkur
post #11 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 05:10 PM
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Your really limiting yourself by not wanting to re-gear. 33's are a good fit on stock- leveled/ 2" lift. Any more lift than that and the 33's are going to start looking awful small which will just lead to you wanting a bigger tire any how.

What is your current gear ratio?

I think going with a 2.5" - 3.5" lift and 35's with plans of a re-gear will be the best compromise in all aspects. You can stay short arm and run control arm drop brackets (AEV and RANCHO). You can get into 37's by adding flat flares or a 1"-1.25" body lift (or both) to the 2.5"-3.5" lift/bump stops.

Id prioritize a re-gear above long arms.

2014 Wrangler JKU
2013 Wrangler JK
2004 Wrangler TJ on LEAFS
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
post #12 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 05:20 PM
ncb

Don't fear the re-gear. Big tires and low gears will change your life.
post #13 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 05:27 PM
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Don't fear the re-gear. Big tires and low gears will change your life.

Yep.

I had gears and traction aids on hand and installed the day the 35's went on. I hadn't even picked out a suspension yet.

2014 Wrangler JKU
2013 Wrangler JK
2004 Wrangler TJ on LEAFS
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
post #14 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
afflicted
2015 JK Wrangler 

LOL "Don't fear the re-gear" hahaha YES!

It's not that I'm afraid of the project, it's more so because of my warranty. (it's a 2015) I know that sounds contradictory with the lift, but the dealer told me I could do it without voiding the powertrain.

My other concern with re-gearing is gas mileage- I'm on the highway about 20 miles per day and off roading about 80 miles on the weekends.

I'm leaning toward this lift from 4 wheel parts (3.5 inch - their customer service guy had a Jeep himself, so he really knew a lot)
Lift: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...n=R%2fERE7143M
Fenders to set that bad boy off: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Armor-Pro..._pn=S%2fB76880
post #15 of 29 Old 01-14-2015, 06:08 PM
ncb

Sorry Brochacho, but those fenders with 3.5" lift will make 33s look silly. Warranties are over rated.

Plus RE lifts aren't what they used to be. Definitely stay away from Smittybilt Chinese junk.

Go with the TF performance leveling kit and 33s.

Tags
lift kit , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.