Best lift kit for a 2dr JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best lift kit for a 2dr JK

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbstwo

Go with the Rubicon Express. Nets more than 3.5" and is excellent quality. Tera Flex, Rock Krawler etc. are way too expensive and are over kill "unless" you plan on serious wheeling. I got the Rubicon Express 3.5" for $500 And only paid $148 for all 4 shocks, can't beat it
Why would he want more lift? That just creates more problems than necessary. And since when is rubicon express excellent quality? Never heard anyone say that before.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
MudDuck99
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jclilk View Post
So guys I've got my JK now time for the lift, unfortunately I have no clue what I'm doing since I'm a CJ guy. But what's the best 3.5 lift for a good solid price or better yet top 5 lifts that are awesome and at a reasonable price!?
it would help tremendously if we knew a budget for lift. a 3.5' kit can be anywhere from 500-4,000. reasonable price will be different from person to person.

As far as rubicon express, i've heard lots of good things on all of their lifts,not so much their shocks. My cousin is running their 2.5 kit on his '12 jk
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Jclilk
2012 JK Wrangler 

My budget is like 500-800 dollar budget for a lift. Im gonna put Bilstein 5100 shocks so I just need to know about the actuall lift.
Jclilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My budget is like 500-800 dollar budget for a lift. Im gonna put Bilstein 5100 shocks so I just need to know about the actuall lift.
TeraFlex 2.5" spring lift with Bilsteins should fit your budget..
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #20
MudDuck99
2014 JK Wrangler 

You should check out rock krawlers stock mod lift. Or a rough country series 2 lift. It comes with shocks but you could always sale them or work something out with whoever you get your lift through, to cut some $$$
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
Jclilk
2012 JK Wrangler 

What if I go with the Rancho lift and bilstein shocks? Does the actual springs vary from company to company?
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #22
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
What if I go with the Rancho lift and bilstein shocks? Does the actual springs vary from company to company?
Skip the Rancho LIFT. Their adjustable shocks are pretty comfortable from what I hear, however.

If you are worried about rust, seeing that you live in Florida, skip the Bilsteins, and get Fox or Rock Krawler shocks (both are aluminum).
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #23
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails

Skip the Rancho LIFT. Their adjustable shocks are pretty comfortable from what I hear, however.

If you are worried about rust, seeing that you live in Florida, skip the Bilsteins, and get Fox or Rock Krawler shocks (both are aluminum).
Aluminum unfortunately doesn't do any better in salt conditions. The Rancho 9000 are very highly recommended.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #24
Jclilk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post

Aluminum unfortunately doesn't do any better in salt conditions. The Rancho 9000 are very highly recommended.
Ima go with the bilstein cause my prior experience and I love them lol and yea you can't hide from the salt down here. But how's the Rancho Sport lift without shocks? Compared to terraflex and Rubicon?
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I use all TeraFlex lifts and have had great results... They seem to be the most complete and great customer service. I have heard mixed reviews on Rancho lifts, however, the Rancho shocks have had great reviews.
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #26
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alang_Z34 View Post
currie 4" sitting in my garage waiting install. From my research its bomb proof for what I plan, but its not cheap.

You need shocks and front drive shaft, so it adds up quick.

Once its installed I'll post about it since its not a common kit on this forum.
I have this lift on my Unlimited, and it is the best out there. Hands down!
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #27
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

I went with the Old Man Emu spring and shock kit, JKS adj trackbar for the front, and teraflex HD trackbar bracket for the rear. Neted about 3", and its so much better than stock. And it definitely gets the job done wheeling
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankinyj View Post
I went with the Old Man Emu spring and shock kit, JKS adj trackbar for the front, and teraflex HD trackbar bracket for the rear. Neted about 3", and its so much better than stock. And it definitely gets the job done wheeling
I did similar on the new Sport, OME springs/shocks, JKS track bars, and Currie Anti Rocks front and rear....waiting on the Duroflex control arms to show up.
LVCapo is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.