Best JK 2.5" lift while keeping stock driving as much as possible? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best JK 2.5" lift while keeping stock driving as much as possible?

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
kking08
2010 JK Wrangler 

i did the teraflex 2.5 in coil lift and kept my factory shocks, i cant tell a differnce in ride at all. i have 12,000 miles on my setup so far and i havent had any problems

[IMG][/IMG]

kking08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
randyd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I went with TF 2.5 coil lift on my Rubi Unlimited. Ride is great! Handling in great! No problems in 50,000 miles..
randyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #18
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

kking08, what snorkel kit is that? I like that it's not intruding into the hood and the color matching is SICK!
Nice ride!
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
kking08
2010 JK Wrangler 

its from river raider, it came aluminum, but i had it color matched to the jeep
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #20
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks.... Great choice, it looks awesome. I really like the White Wranglers....we didn't have a choice on our color (Silver) Not my favorite, but the price was right.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #21
kking08
2010 JK Wrangler 

the silver looks good, when i bought mine they had a white rubi that was a demo with 3,000 miles on it but they were still asking 2,000 above sticker so obviously i walked.
Unread 11-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

x2 on ome with nitrochargers, I stuck with the medium duty kit (616/617 springs) and sport nitrochargers, came wiht bump stops and the reear bracket. i also ended up with JKS quicker discos instead of longer swaybar links....dicsonnected with the ome the ride is night and day better partucularily on rough az washboard. Connected and loaded down for those camping trips aint to shabby either.....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #23
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is like asking what is your favorite color. Someone already mentioned you don't need a lift. You will need flat fenders if you do run 35's sans lift. You'll want springs and shocks if you're going to wheel. Spacers are the cheap way to do it... that's why it's called a budget boost. It won't flex the same with spacers. I'm sure a bunch of guys are about to disagree with me, but trust me, get springs and shocks.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #24
grntgil1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doliss View Post
If you don't want to change the stock feel and driving of the jeep then you'll want to change as little as possible. Don't get any lift that changes the shocks and/or springs. I added a rough country 2.5 budget boost and I love the results. This particular kit actually adds a bit more in the front to level out the jeep in the process of the lift.
i have to call BS on this. I have this lift on my 2012 JKU. I added a front bumper and winch. I have a little sag in front and it rights like a freaking tank! Jarring as hell. I don't kow how to get that factory smoothness back, but I know this isn't the answer.
grntgil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

A TF 2.5 BB with shock extensions is a very complete kit that will not change your factory ride. The suspension is the same, ride height is just a bit higher. However, if you intend on adding heavy bumpers a TF spring lift is the better option.

The big bonus is it can be put back to stock in a couple hours.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
BjBk11
2011 JK Wrangler 

How about the AEV 2.5" lift? Around $900 for the kit, new progressive rate springs (ideal for daily drivers and wont sag with new bumpers etc), bilstein shocks (very reputable/reliable, I believe a new rear track bar... add the brackets $100 and the procal $150 ...total kit price $1150... you get AEVs reputable on road handling and a perfect fit for 35s. You may want/need a front Adj. track bar, mixed feelings on this....I Just ordered this kit myself after months of going back and forth between companies. Never thought I'd spend so much time/stress over which lift to get. If I learned anything the best thing to do is go with the lowest amount of lift you need to clear the tires you are getting. As soon as you lift, many components (driveshaft) are going to wear quickly and money will quickly be emptying from ur pockets. I have always driven wranglers, this will be my first time modifying one, definitely listen to the folks on this forum and don't be afraid to ask questions, you'll get a response very quickly and learn a ton. I see a lot of guys recommending Teraflex, figured I'd chime in to give you another company. Good luck man!
BjBk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #27
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm perfectly happy with my AEV.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #28
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same here,best riding spring shock combo I've used yet. For the price you can't go wrong, for more cash you can certainly do better . Currie ,Synergy, Metalcloak, just to name a few.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #29
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

BDS makes a 3" kit. plenty of room for 35s. Upgrade to fox shocks as well.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #30
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Cant really say the best one yet,i just purchased the Pro Comp 2.5in stage one lift but havent put it on yet,hoping it was a good buy
picture-1406.jpg  
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2-1/2" lift , 2.5" lift , best ride , closest to stock , JK Wrangler , review , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.