Best Black Hubcaps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Black Hubcaps

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 08-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
JordanTheJew
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey everyone! I'm looking to buy some new sweet black wheels for my JKUR. Does anyone know which are best? I've been looking at the KMC 775 XD Rock Star Matte Black Alloy Wheels because I've seen those and like them. Any comments? Also, pics of different hubs would be appreciated.

Last edited by JordanTheJew; 08-07-2013 at 01:43 PM..
JordanTheJew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
MikeHoncho88
2015 JK Wrangler 

Hubcaps?

I have method race wheels on mine and they are pretty nice. The market is flooded with matte black alloy wheels right now. There are also tons of threads with pictures in the stickies.
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I am a fan of simple steel wheels, why I have soft 8s on mine....

What are these hubcaps you speak of?
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
JordanTheJew
2012 JK Wrangler 

I don't know why I said hubcaps. I can't think of the correct term but ya know, the metal part of a wheel. :P
JordanTheJew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

The wheel?

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Do they make wheels out of a material that is not metal now?

Are you talking about the plastic center cap that a lot of wheels are doing?

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

As previously stated, you have your pick of black wheels.

I just bought new wheels (Method Race), and had a hard time finding something I liked that wasn't black.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
MikeHoncho88
2015 JK Wrangler 

Rubber part = the tire.

Metal part = the wheel.

Plastic or metal clip on cover for a wheel, used to improve appearance of said wheel = hubcap

:-)
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheJew View Post
Hey everyone! I'm looking to buy some new sweet black wheels for my JKUR. Does anyone know which are best? I've been looking at the KMC 775 XD Rock Star Matte Black Alloy Wheels because I've seen those and like them. Any comments? Also, pics of different hubs would be appreciated.
What do you mean by best?
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

That's actually a good question...good price, good looks, good weight reduction, good toughness...it depends on what you want 'em for
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
MikeHoncho88
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot

What do you mean by best?
"Best" is very subjective.

IMO the best are http://www.hrewheels.com/ they will custom make any wheel. I don't think they do beadlocks though.

Anyway, I doubt op really wants those they are thousands of dollars for a set.
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheJew View Post
I put Discount Tire wheels (MB TKO) on both my JKs - 2 door and 4 door. I ordered my 33s and wheels together for my 2 door, so I went with 15s. My wife liked them so much, I bought her 18s to go with her already new tires. If you catch them on sale (or just ask for the sale price) they are $95 - $110 each.... best deal on a cool wheel I have ever seen.

Mine without the centercaps

Mine with centercaps

Wife's with the center caps

Wheels link for JKs - http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/whe...il.do?pc=45682

My old Jeep with MB Chaos wheels - liked them too
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

I got black fuels for reference

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
MikeHoncho88
2015 JK Wrangler 

Method race wheels. 17x9 4.5" backspace. 35x12 toyo's
image-1252384796.jpg

image-127637635.jpg

Unread 08-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
Turbineguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheJew
Pro Comp La Paz Series 29

Do I win?
image-375097240.jpg

image-2545665989.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.