Best of the best...? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best of the best...?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Best of the best...?

Hello all,

So the time has finally come for me to purchase a new (at least to me) Wrangler. I recently sold my XJ, so I'm currently Jeep-less and have decided to go back to a Wrangler. My plan is to purchase a 4 door (2007+) in the next few months. I've looked around my area and am not willing to pay ~9k+ for a TJ. It's just not going to happen...as of right now that seems to be the going price for a 97ish 4.0 with upwards of 200k on the odometer. Why would I spend that when I can increase my budget and get a JK with far less miles? :huh:

Anyway, since I have an infant now, the 4 door seems like the most viable option. To be perfectly honest, I think I'm going to go with a Rubicon, since they offer the best out of the box off road performance. So, with that in mind, what's the best year to look for or are they all pretty much the same? I will not be able to go new, so please keep it within 07-12 range. I am not opposed to other editions (sahara, etc.), but it seems like the Rubicon is the way to go from the start.

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Unread 12-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Wubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Get the newest one you can afford.

The 3.6 is very desirable over the 3.8 engine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Wubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

2011 they did major interior "refresh" with a nicer looking interior.
2012 the power train was updated with the 3.6 pentastar engine standard and better automatic transmission available.

The suspension and exterior are more or less the same between years. I think they changed the shape of the hardtop in 2011.

The Rubicon option is really worth it, but it really depends on how you use the jeep, and how you plan to mod it. There is a sticky that explains why or why not to get the rubicon.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.