Best Aftermarket DBL DIN DBL NAV/SAT/Stereo/DVD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Aftermarket DBL DIN DBL NAV/SAT/Stereo/DVD

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Drew99
2012 JK Wrangler 

Best Aftermarket DBL DIN DBL NAV/SAT/Stereo/DVD

Looking for something to replace my 2012 JKU Factory Sat/CD/Stereo 130RES with after market unit that I can add back up camera, kids can view DVD's has SAT NAV etc and has factory look. Also wanted to see if anyone has done this and been able to have aftermarket use steering wheel controls and can I still use sub and factory amp?

Drew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
blue-coupe
2011 JK Wrangler 

Which unit do you have now? You might check this out: http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm
blue-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Drew99
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have standard RES no NAV or touchscreen.
Drew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Vince1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Kenwood DNX models. They have Garmin Nav. Use the PAC adapter to retain controls and get the IPod cable. I installed mine with a Sony backup cam easily grounded for viewing while driving and Chameleon DVD headrests for the kids. You can still use factory sub, but aftermarket options way better, even ones that fit in stock infinity housing. And you MUST replace those crappy stock speakers...many inexpensive direct replacements available.
Vince1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
drroy
2012 JK Wrangler 

+1 on the kenwood dnx, had one in my last truck, really miss it. IMHO the nav and interface on the DNX is better then Chrysler OEM (and my chevy tahoe oem nav and the sony xnv660BT i have in my audi)
drroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Spanky916
2008 JK Wrangler 

Had a DNX 7120 in my truck I traded back in January. I was smart enough to pull it out. Didn't install it in my trade and have missed it for the last 9 months. I pulled out the box two days ago and went about installing it in my '08 JK I purchased a week ago. Got the wiring harness and hooked everything up and it worked great. Just won't fit because factory is DIN & 1/2 not double DIN. Going to have to cut the metal piece that runs accross the top of where the radio slides in. I slid the factory radio back in until I had more time to get through it. Wanted to have more time to look at everything before making any cuts if you know what I mean.

As far as the radio goes I'm about 90% sure I can make it fit without too much work. I really love it. Easy to navigate your iPod from the touch screen or steering wheel controls or remote. You can wire it so you can watch movies while moving if you want and you can add bluetooth and sat radio if your so inclined.
Spanky916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thought we'd share a few pics...

InsaneJeepAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #8
ohio79
2011 JK Wrangler 

I just installed a JVC kw3hdt in my 2011. I didnt have the premium system but they make a harness for ones that do. Install is a breeze thought. Rather than cutting the metal support everyone talks about, I just removed it. It holds the top tray in. Gps works great as does the rest of its systems. Fully upgradable (back up) plus the front panel is removable for security.
ohio79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #9
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Insane jeep audio when do you expect a release date. And what's the price point going to be?
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #10
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns79 View Post
Insane jeep audio when do you expect a release date. And what's the price point going to be?
You can find about a half dozen variations of Android-based double din navigation units like that all over eBay.
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
You can find about a half dozen variations of Android-based double din navigation units like that all over eBay.
Are there other Android double DIN nav units out there? Sure.

Like this? Hell no.

Not only is this a perfect fit, connects to your stock wiring harness and integrates with the canbus (which most generic android double DIN units wont do) but it also comes with Insane NavEngine -- our proprietary navigation software with full 3D topography and trail maps.

Quality stand alone nav software is key because Google maps are only good when you've got an internet connection..
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #12
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns79 View Post
The JK1001 will be available in the next few weeks and pricing is TBA. (Sorry -- we can't disclose any more now since the final pricing is determined by our retail partners)
Unread 08-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJeepAudio View Post
The JK1001 will be available in the next few weeks and pricing is TBA. (Sorry -- we can't disclose any more now since the final pricing is determined by our retail partners)
Thanks for the reply, no problem on the price thing I can understand that. Really really interested in this... Plug and play is what I'm looking for, the wife likes the mygig system but it has to many built in nannies that have to worked around for it to be useful for us. Can't wait till they are up for sale!
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
Jarod5
2011 JK Wrangler 

looking into getting one for myself
Jarod5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #15
Turbineguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJeepAudio View Post
I see a screen shot of gauges... do you have a list of things that are displayable?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.