Best 2.5" Lift kit for 2011 Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Best 2.5" Lift kit for 2011 Rubicon

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Kroelec

Best 2.5" Lift kit for 2011 Rubicon

Looking for some help with a lift kit for my new rubicon. I am looking for a 2.5" and the dealer is pushing the Mopar one. Heard some differing stories about them Cam Bolts etc.. Any thoughts? I would rather spend the money now and buy my last one first! Thanks in advance!

Kroelec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
randyd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well this post should get a multitued of answers!!
I have had a TF 2.5 coil lift on my Rubi Unlimited for 50,000 miles with no problems at all... Oh,, I had to retighten my track bar once..
I am contemplating a Clayton 3.4 or 4" lift. But when you get over 2.5" you start needing lots more things to made it all work..
randyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Rafi
2010 JK Wrangler 

i would stay away from the mopar lift. stay away from cam bolts, and the mopar suspension is very over priced for what you get..

look into rock krawler 2.5 max travel kit.

also heard good things about teraflex, full traction, clayton and a few others

look for something with lower control arms, shocks, springs, sway bar end links, brake lines, etc...
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Just go with a 3" body lift and call it good! Kidding. I would consider those listed above plus OME.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
drowe303
2007 JK Wrangler 

The best 2.5" lift for a rubicon is teraflex or rock crawler. A non rubicon, probably teraflex or rock crawler.
drowe303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
RacingRandie
2009 JK Wrangler 

If you wanna keep the stock ride the RC 2.5" BB is the way to go. Plus its only $139.00 and very easy to install and it is def cheap enough to make sure thats the amount of lift you will be happy with. I have run mine for over a year and 22,000 miles with no issues and thats offroading, mudd bogging and daily driving.

http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html
RacingRandie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

If you want a better than stock ride the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift is the way to go. I think mine rides as good as stock on road, and much better than stock off road.
Unread 02-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

OME 2.5 in lift with Nitrocharger shocks....best ride yet on and off road. Yeah, we all have an opinion.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingRandie View Post
If you wanna keep the stock ride the RC 2.5" BB is the way to go. Plus its only $139.00 and very easy to install and it is def cheap enough to make sure thats the amount of lift you will be happy with. I have run mine for over a year and 22,000 miles with no issues and thats offroading, mudd bogging and daily driving.

http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html
Except you get what you pay for especially from Rough Country...I had their shocks and they wore out in 1.5 years, I also had a buddy that had their 4 in lift and a control arm broke, track bar bracket bent, and he experienced sagging on one side after about 9 months.

I love Rock Krawler products and have used their stuff on my 2007 Sahara Unlimited and my 2011 Bl Rubi Unlimited and they stand by their product better than any company that I know of.
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Coilrod

Depends on what you want to do with your jk and your budget.
There are guys who have had success with budget spacer lifts, RE and RC also. But there are plenty of guys who started with cheap and had to upgrade later. Costs more in the long run.
I haven't seen where anyone has had legit issues with Rock Krawler or Poly. Not sure about the others but my RK 2.5 max travel is great, and the arms will work if i ever go bigger.
Coilrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've got an '08 JKU Rubi-RC 2.5" steel spacers-RS9000XL shocks-extended rear brake lines-Big Hankook M/T 33.2" tires-

1 yr later-rides how I want it to and tows like I want it to-and SNOWs like I want it to-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
gdub
2010 JK Wrangler 

Here's a couple pictures of my setup - as noted in my signature...

2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift : Bilstein 5100's Front & Back : Rock Krawler Discos : 35X12.5X17 Goodyear MTR/K's : ProComp 7089's 17x9 4.75BS : Poison Spyder Evap Skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite : Spiderwebshade - Trailmesh : Recon 10,500lb Winch : Olympic Rock Sliders : Hella Black Magic Lights
gdub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
cntryislandboy
2008 JK Wrangler 

rock krawler has 2 nice ones and 2 different price points. and there 2.5 lifts are a little closer to 3 ish 3.25 ish
cntryislandboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #14
CHIPMAKER
2010 JK Wrangler 

TF 2.5 coil lift w/ extensions since you have the Rubi shocks... I commute and the TF kit rides like stock...

2013 Honda F6B
CHIPMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
Kroelec

Thanks for all of the replies!If I was to go with a JK 2.5 max travel lift from Rock Krawler what else do I need to do this right? Shocks,steering stabilizer etc.? if I was to do the same for a terra flex what else would I need? Anyone running the elka shocks on there rigs? are they worth it?
Kroelec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.