Bend in top corner if tailgate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bend in top corner if tailgate

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 08-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
danmannd

Bend in top corner if tailgate

Anyone run into this problem and/or know how to fix it? I've seen this same bend on a few jeeps.

image-189701161.jpg  
danmannd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

That is caused by trying to close the swing gate (tail gate) with the swing-gate bar out of the bracket. Swing gate bar is the bar that holds the rear soft-top window in place.

It is the cousin of the jeep-dimple (cowl dent from mirror).

If the paint isn't cracked, ignore it.
Jiblet is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

snotta "bend"-

It's a dent, from op error-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
mjp83
2011 JK Wrangler 

I did it too! Bent it back with pliers while I cried and cursed at myself...needless to say, I cracked the paint. Did use thick towel and pliers. Maybe applying some heat will do it without cracking paint. Just dont torch too long in one place....
mjp83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
danmannd

I definitely don't wanna scratch the paint up, I'd rather the dent.. Think I'll leave it! Thanks
danmannd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Teeka
2011 JK Wrangler 

I got one along the lip from removing the hard top (little miss wimpy) my arms gave out on my end and must of rested it on the tail gate. quoted 1200 by body shop to fix it. Driving back home stopped at the drug store for clear nail polish $2.49. Got home pulled out a 2X4 and hammer and banged it out. Put the nail polish on it just in case the paint cracks down the road. I can't even see that it was there.
Teeka is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.