been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #121
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

well as y'all may have read, i installed my fog lamp setup last sunday (with the astute help of my 14 year old cousin, to whom i'm gifting the bronco to).

i've gotta tell you, it's kind of fun to be able to click the fog lamps on and off.

...in the future, i may add a back led or halogen (for night fishing at the beach and such), so the front fogs may change to a hard switch b/c i don't think i can run 2 of these units at the same time. maybe i'm wrong

as for the coils and shocks, i was a frog's hair from installing them on sunday, too. i had a buddy of mine come over and was all gung ho...we loosened the lugs, and placed the jack...

...sadly, though, with the new tires on, we couldn't raise the jeep high enough to do what we needed to do. we tried a couple of 2x4's but i was uneasy about it, so we decided to call it quits for the day. later on, my uncle (same one with the coil compressors) mentioned that he has a 5ton with like a 40" lift or something crazy like that. ...thanks for letting me know sooner

anyway...

i'm going to pick up the jack tonight or tomorrow night, and i'm calling my buddy to come over again. it shouldn't be long

question, though:

does anything else need to change when i add the coils? i.e. sway bar links, etc

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #122
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
question, though:

does anything else need to change when i add the coils? i.e. sway bar links, etc

b_c

man, sometimes i think i'm the only one that reads this journal.

...does anyone want to validate my thought that i do not need to change anything at the moment. the coils will not add enough height (if they add any at all) to the jeep, therefore geometry will not change, and nothing is needed.

can someone who owns a rubi do me a favor though? can you measure center to center on the front and rear sway bar links? i think that would set my mind at ease.

c deez nuts? i measured somewhere between 12cm and 13cm center-to-center on the front ones.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13

Last edited by b_c; 04-21-2009 at 04:47 PM..
Unread 02-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #123
cmgorman94
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No, you will not need to change anything else...
cmgorman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #124
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgorman94 View Post
No, you will not need to change anything else...
10-4, roger that.

i've got to give a big thanks to fellow jeepforum.com member, JeepAubJH. ...without his help, today, this would've taken a lot longer.

everything we did can be found in the links that i have already posted in this thread.

front end up on jacks.

...we spent about 30-minutes looking for a dang wingnut that fell behind the rotor. we had to take the caliper assembly off to get to it.

just follow directions, and it's a breeze

definitely a noticeable difference in the size of the coils and shocks.

installed and ready to roll. i think it does sit a bit higher. less than half an inch, though.

^^the only problem was that i stripped on of these bolts. the nut is welded to the frame i'll have to figure out a way to knock that off there and replace the nut/bolt. any ideas how to remove the nut???

the jeep looks good though.

...thanks once again, JeepAubJH

b_c

Unread 03-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #125
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

not a "creek"...

well, i went to the orp by my house today. everything seemed to be working correctly. the ride definitely felt stiffer and more "sure".

here's some pics for your viewing pleasure

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 04-21-2009 at 04:49 PM..
Unread 03-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #126
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

dude, where did you get the God Speed banner from

I was at that event with Keyth and Wes.
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #127
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceface View Post
dude, where did you get the God Speed banner from

...ganked it from my dad. he (spring cjd) was a main sponsor of the event. guess it's one of the fringe benefits to having a relative in "marketing".

b_c

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #128
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
...ganked it from my dad. he (spring cjd) was a main sponsor of the event. guess it's one of the fringe benefits to having a relative in "marketing".

b_c
Ahh okay, you should have come out to the show. I had my jeep out there, and the guys from CMX Industries were there with their rigs too. Good stuff...
Unread 03-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #129
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

gotta love some texas weather...

...i took the doors and the top off last night. i had my cousins come over to help w/ the top b/c i had to finagle it into a tight spot for storage.

here's some pics:

b_c

Unread 03-19-2009, 06:27 AM   #130
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good bud. Where you going this weeekend with that top off?
Unread 03-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #131
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

thanks

Quote:
Where you going this weeekend with that top off?
...when your topless, anywhere you go is where you want to be

it's like mcdonald's...I'M LOVIN' IT.

b_c

Unread 03-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #132
DeerTarget
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

...i've come to the conclusion (especially after a couple of dirt kisses to the undercarriage today) that i do indeed need a couple of extra suspension inches. ...come'on taxes
b_c
Nice job. Just curious- you made the above statement back in January. Do you still think that or did the Rubi coils and shocks correct that?
DeerTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #133
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerTarget View Post
Nice job. Just curious- you made the above statement back in January. Do you still think that or did the Rubi coils and shocks correct that?

thanks.

i still think that i need a couple of inches...yes.

...the rubi coils and shocks "stiffened" the ride a great deal, but as for clearance, i don't think i got more than a 1/2-inch. maybe less.

my original plan was to wait for taxes to come in this spring, but seeing how i have to actually pay "extra" taxes this year for the first time, that plan has changed.

b_c

Unread 03-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #134
flynlow69
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've had my bone stock 2008 JK for about 3 weeks and, as luck would have it, I received some cash back from Uncle Sam. Well lets just sam that was the fastest $3 grand I've ever spent. I did end up with some nice chrome Moto Metal 17X9 rims, Pro Comp tires, Bestop safari top, windshiels header, Smittybilt neoprene seat covers, a new 14" black shorty antennea, some tinted replacement windows for my soft top and a new rugged ridge full cover. I don't think I did too bad....
flynlow69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #135
flynlow69
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sorry forgot to mention the mirror relocation brackets, KC windshield mounts and a set of chrome KC Daylighters.
flynlow69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.