been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #106
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
since i have the day off tomorrow, i figured it was probably a good day to drop off the jeep for the dealer to take another crack at the door rattle. also, i mentioned to them to check out the slight "clunk" in the front suspension and steering. they are also going to check out what i would call a throttle delay.

i told them to throw in a oil change for my troubles

...we'll see if they charge me for it.

b_c

ha...

i didn't pay for the oil change!

not b/c they weren't charging me, but b/c i found a coupon for a free oil change. lol...

anyway, i've been like a cigarette smoker at a "non-smoking" bar for the last couple of days; today i even had to take the pimpala to work...talk about a downgrade

it feels good to have the jeep back...even better to get it back and mysteriously the "clunk" is gone. they said they looked everywhere (like i had) and couldn't find anything loose in the suspension or steering components, but that "they took a wrench to everything." (<coughing> bllsht)

the door rattle was also addressed again. more grease. more adjusting. 3 strikes and they're out, fellas. my rules.

as for the delay, i guess chalk it up to "electronic throttling" ??? ...they ran diagnostics and didn't find any power loss. i'm gonna keep my eye on it though...it's not an "off the line" type issue, it's more mid-throttle mid gear.

anyway...all's well that ends well.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #107
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
mod 17: RUBICON OEM "TAKE-OFFS" SHOCKS AND SPRINGS - i posted a msg saying i wanted to buy some rubicon take-offs. ...ask and thou shall receive

...gotta find some time to put these bad boys on.

i talked w/ my uncle about the coil swap...and he told me he had these sitting in his garage

coil clamps

i'm going to try to do the swap tomorrow if the weather holds...anyone got any tips?

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 02-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #108
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

probably wont need the clamps.. i didnt use them when i did my lift... just jack one side way up.. and let the other side go all the way down.. lol.. one side of my rotors were on the ground..

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #109
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I changed out my coils and had clamps like that, they make it easier. The only trouble I had was taking out giant rear coils with all other suspension stock , my jeep was half-ish lifted when I bought it, I went to Rubi springs too. Nice Jk
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #110
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Nice Jk

thanks...i'm trying.

...if the weather clears a little, i'm gonna try to put the coils and shocks in today. i think my cousin said he was going to come over later to help.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-15-2009 at 08:06 AM..
Unread 02-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #111
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks...i'm trying.

...if the weather clears a little, i'm gonna try to put the coils and shocks in today. i think my cousin said he was going to come over later to help.

b_c

well my cousin came over...but he didn't stay long.

the weather cleared, but i decided to wash out and clean/organize the garage. it's been nasty since the pups and whatnot. this week i'm gonna get some weather stripping or rubber stripping for the door to seal it...

...i bought a window a/c unit at the end of last summer off of ebay. i've got to work on sealing and insulating the big door but i should have the a/c in by summer.

anyway. i was also a little apprehensive doing the swap b/c i never have done one before and i was also by myself. so...i've been looking around and found this good writeup

http://www.project-jk.com/jeep-jk-wr...ation-write-up

...everything i need to know.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-15-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #112
unclewayne65
2007 JK Wrangler 

that line is what the bumper/fog lights tap into on Sahara/Rubi models... very handy to tap into for xtra lighting

Soon: 1.5" Body Lift, Warn Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Lockpick, Rear DVD, Front and Rear Camera's, 35" BFG A/T's, 2 Warn SDB-160HBE Lights
unclewayne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #113
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclewayne65 View Post
that line is what the bumper/fog lights tap into on Sahara/Rubi models... very handy to tap into for xtra lighting

is it "hot"...?

...where's the switch?

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-16-2009 at 07:01 PM..
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #114
Dryfter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
is it "hot"...?

...where's the switch?

b_c
well... the switch for the fog lights is on the light stick thingy. lol

You pull the end (about 1/2 inch) out and it turns on my fogs. Only works when the parking lights or headlights are on. (Not when brights and no lights are on)

No idea if that's the same "switch" we're talking about though...
Dryfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #115
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfter View Post
well... the switch for the fog lights is on the light stick thingy. lol

You pull the end (about 1/2 inch) out and it turns on my fogs. Only works when the parking lights or headlights are on. (Not when brights and no lights are on)

No idea if that's the same "switch" we're talking about though...

no gotti...mine didn't come with that stalk, so that's why originally i didn't know what that line was, and now i'm wondering if that line is actually hot

b_c

Unread 02-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #116
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

well...

...i was going to do the coils and shocks last night. even went to the hepot for this to help me:

f'n thing didn't work, so i took it back and got another one, and that f'n one didn't work either!!!

...so needless to say, i didn't put the coils or shocks in last night. instead, i did this:

insulated garage door for summer months when i have a/c on in garage (rest of garage was already insulated)

...and cleaned up all the crap in my foreman's workstation:

...alright, so hopefully today i'll have some time to put the coils/shocks in.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-22-2009 at 07:56 PM..
Unread 02-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #117
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

installed mod 16 today...

(fog lamps and remote relay)

hella 500ff

wiring for the remote relay and fog lights (fog light relay will not be used, but wires from it will)

disconnect and remove battery (you'll need a 10mm socket to remove the battery holder)

measure for and drill your holes for the bolts from the lights. final size was a widened 3/8" but start out smaller.

Unread 02-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #118
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

mount your lights and run your wires from the front to the back (you'll only need the y'd off black wire (connected to the black wires of each of the lights...the blue wires splice together and ground to metal part of bumper). follow the oem wrapped wires back to your passenger wheel well then up. you'll see a grommet that runs wires from inside/outside the jeep.

use a tool like this (1st pic; 6" piece of hanger, it was straight but bent in process) to push/pull the wires through...you'll need the light lead the pos lead and neg lead. (i forgot the neg lead but was able to tape it to the black wire and pull back through.)

mount the remote relay and connect wires (red is power-in, white is power-out, blacks are ground and can be spliced together, blue is the antenna and should just dangle like d's)

if you did everything correctly...the lights should turn on when you press the "on" button on the remote after you reconnect everything

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-25-2009 at 05:16 PM..
Unread 02-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #119
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

what is that ugly jeep next to urs.. and i love the pink garage door...

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #120
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
what is that ugly jeep next to urs..
there's a black jeep next to mine

Quote:
and i love the pink garage door...
...dude seriously, that's the last time i send my wife to the hardware store.

b_c

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.