been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 12-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #91
HammerG26

Same here... doors never off... but they sure to move if you open and move them up and down from the end (by the latch)... dealer says that is normal - 75% of the ones on the lot do it, too.

Unread 12-30-2008, 06:14 AM   #92
coptered
2011 JK Wrangler 

I guess I got lucky by putting the nuts back on then. My driver door was about to drive me crazy with every little bump I hit. I took it out on the trail Saturday after it put the nuts back on and was surprized that the clunking was gone. I did notice that the nut on the drivers door seemed to snug up closer on the hinge than the passenger door so there is less up and down movement on that door with the nuts on. I wonder if the hinges on some of the ones that clunk so bad may not be machined the same?
Unread 12-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #93
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coptered View Post
I wonder if the hinges on some of the ones that clunk so bad may not be machined the same?
i think it has more to do with the latches, hence the available replacements.

...the knocking in the driver's side is steadily getting louder (from when they lubed it). did anyone ever find a tsb about the new latches?

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13

Last edited by b_c; 12-30-2008 at 11:45 AM..
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #94
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

what's the best kind of rubber all-weather floor mats?

...the free kind.

merry belated christmas to me.

mod 14: ALL-WEATHER/SLUSH/MUD "JEEP" MOPAR FLOOR MATS, FRONT AND REAR - they're a gift from my cousin's girlfriend (she picked my name this year).

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:46 PM..
Unread 01-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #95
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

something to that effect

alright fellow jeepers...

...i need your help on this one. i've done the obligatory searching about this subject, maybe i'm just not searching for the right thing. here's the deal:

since my visit to spring offroad park, i've been noticing a little something in the steering wheel and i can also feel it in my my foot while it's on the gas peddle. cruising down the road, when i turn it slightly to the left (mabye like 5-10*) the back true, i feel this little (i mean little, i barely noticed at first) "knucklepopping" feeling.

it doesn't happen when i do the same to the right, only when i do it the left. it doesn't keep popping when i keep turning to the left, just at the very beginning of the turn. i've looked underneath but do not notice anything bent or hanging. maybe i'm just not looking hard enough or i'm looking in the wrong place.

...anyone want to let me know what the "problem" is?

b_c

Unread 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #96
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

It sounds like the typical steering wheel clunk that every JK has. Nothing you can do about it, except live with it. There are no fixes yet, that I know of (I'm kind of hoping that someone has found a fix that I don't know about!!) Anyway, good luck!!

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #97
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb4000 View Post
It sounds like the typical steering wheel clunk that every JK has. Nothing you can do about it, except live with it. There are no fixes yet, that I know of (I'm kind of hoping that someone has found a fix that I don't know about!!) Anyway, good luck!!

Josh

"the clunk"...

...sounds like an std.

so no cure, eh? should've used one of this i guess

b_c

Unread 01-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #98
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

second opinion

anyone want to give me a second opinion on my jeeps "clunk"?

b_c

Unread 01-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #99
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

regardless...

who cares about a little, barely noticeable "clunk"

...well, i do, but not enough to not have a little fun whilst i wait for the next service visit.

i took the jeep out to spring creek offroad park again today. got there about 3:30. had a heck of a time, and i'm even able to put a notch in my recovery stick (a cj5 was stuck/dead in a backwoods mud hole).

here's a couple of pics:

the bfg mod performs and looks excellent!

mini-flex

rear tow hook mod did it's job!

...i've come to the conclusion (especially after a couple of dirt kisses to the undercarriage today) that i do indeed need a couple of extra suspension inches. ...come'on taxes

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:47 PM..
Unread 01-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #100
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

hit the trails^2

mod 15: YAKIMA SPARE JOE - SPARE TIRE 2-BIKE RACK - saw it in thread here in the forums...thought it would be good for my homegrown and the roadie i'm fixing to get.

(ebay...49.99 w/ shipping)

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:47 PM..
Unread 02-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #101
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

guess who just got an excuse for a new mod or two

...took the jeep out the spring creek o.r.p. and got further back than i've ever been before. the wife was freakin' a little, but we made it through relatively good. we were austin powered at one point...i think that's where i backed into something pretty good.

at one point i had to go bushwhacking to an adjacent trail...

so flares and a rear bumper are on the list.

...and mod 9 (rock rails) definitely served their $100 purpose today!!

come'on cardinals!

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-01-2009 at 04:32 PM..
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #102
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

which bumper should i get?

i like this one the best so far...

warn rear tube bumper

b_c

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #103
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

...action, camera, lights

man...

...i love craigslist! not only do i get to meet fellow jeepers w/ badass rigs, but i also get nice stuff "on the cheap."

mod 16 - HELLA 500FF HALOGEN LAMPS / FOG LIGHTS & LOGISYS RM02 12V 15A RELAY REMOTE CONTROL DC CONNECTOR
- this could probably be 2 different mods, but since they are going to be part of the same function, i'll group them together.

ipicked the lights up after work today. found them last weekend on craigslist, and i asked the guy to hold them for me. thanks thomas. bad@ss jeep, man...

(lights...craigslist...$40)

as for the remote relay, i love the concept b/c i hate to have to go back into the console or to have to spend $200 to integrate the new stalk into the column. no clunky buttons or switches, either. i also like the fact that i can turn the lights on or off from a distance. 15A should be well enough to handle these lamps. be careful if you're in the market, though. there is a cheaper version that handles less amperage.

(remote relay...ebay...$16.90 w/ shipping)

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Unread 02-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #104
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

dealership visit 2/11

since i have the day off tomorrow, i figured it was probably a good day to drop off the jeep for the dealer to take another crack at the door rattle. also, i mentioned to them to check out the slight "clunk" in the front suspension and/or steering. they are also going to check out what i would call a throttle delay.

i told them to throw in a oil change for my troubles

...we'll see if they charge me for it.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-15-2009 at 08:03 AM..
Unread 02-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #105
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

happy birthday to me...

mod 17: RUBICON OEM "TAKE-OFFS" SHOCKS AND SPRINGS - i posted a msg saying i wanted to buy some rubicon take-offs. ...ask and thou shall receive

thanks, todd

jeepforum ($110...w/ shipping)

...gotta find some time to put these bad boys on.

b_c

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.