been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-14-2008, 06:00 AM   #76
Whiteboy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have that same CB its a Great unit I use a K-40 antenna when ever Im out on the Hwy or where ever .

Whiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #77
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

10-4 good buddy...

it works pretty well...

...i have to practice my cb-lingo.

i was listening last night, laughing my a$$ off. some guy was saying something about snoop dogg and rapping in a honky tonk twang. ...then some guy was on another channel singing to some old country ballad. lol...these truckers are crazy around here.

::edit:: LOL...just remembered snoop's handle: "slim pickens" ::edit::

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13

Last edited by b_c; 12-14-2008 at 03:36 PM..
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #78
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

this is worse than waterboarding...

don't you hate it when you are away from home but you know you have a delivery that arrived that you can install on your jeep?

mastercraft grab handles arrived yesterday...

...will post pics this weekend.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 12-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #79
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

looking bad, but not as bad as it could be...flight shows "on time" for now, but it's not due to leave for another 2hrs.

found another deal off craigslist while i was up here...going to meet the guy in katy to pick them up tomorrow.

any guesses on what it is? cost new $300+, i'm paying $100. they came off a 2008 rubicon.

b_c

Unread 12-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #80
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Rock Rails?

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #81
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

mods for the masses...

hey all...

...i guess santa's gonna leave me coal this Christmas; i've been bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb4000
Rock Rails?
mod 9: MOPAR ROCK RAILS - wjb4000, you were dead on, and if i didn't have another hundred in my pocket to toss to the wife, i would've been dead meat ...thanks ben for the rails and helping put them on

installation was as simple as tightening a few nuts and bolts; holes were already there so no need for driiling.

craigslist ($100, plus 3hrs of my time)

before/after

mod 10, 11, 12: 201PC OUTDOOR FIRST AID KIT, "JEEP" SURVIVAL KNIFE, & MASTERCRAFT GRAB HANDLES - they say "three's a company" ...and there's a few that definitely been taking my money lately. actually, the first aid kit and the "jeep" survival knife were off amazon. i got a $25 gift cert for having one of those credit cards with points...only paid an extra couple of bux out of pocket for both together. the mastercraft handles were off mastercraft's website.

amazon.com and mastercraftseats.com (f/a kit & knife...$45.55-25=$20.55; grab handles...$70.59)

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:43 PM..
Unread 12-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #82
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

lookin pretty good
good job on the mods and prices dont forget all the safety stuff
tow straps
fire extinguisher
and everything else keep this thread up
wrestlerobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #83
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerobx View Post
lookin pretty good
good job on the mods and prices dont forget all the safety stuff
tow straps
fire extinguisher
and everything else keep this thread up
thanks man...

...i just did some calculating, and i'm ~$1600 out of pocket so far on all the mods.

not bad at all.

as for the tow strap and safety stuff. the extinguishers are definitely on my list. the tow strap i already have...so i guess let me do this to catch up:

this is what's in my back stow...

mod 13: (group mod) TOW STRAP, MAG LITE FLASHLIGHT, SHOP RAGS, "JEEP" TOWEL SEAT COVER (not pictured), BUNGEE STRAP, EXTENSION CORD, SURVIVAL KNIFE #2
- the tow strap i bought from wally world the week that i put the hooks on. the mag lite i've had for a while, the shop rags are from the shop, and the bungee and extension cords are from the garage. survival knife #2 is from the 90's. it's pretty cool, i had it while i was in the boy scouts. it has s.o.s. codes on the side, and like the jeep survival knife, it has some "essentials" inside the handle/hilt. the jeep towel seat cover my dad gave me a couple of days after i got the jeep.

(cost: ??? out of pocket: ??? ~$60ish)

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:44 PM..
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #84
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

dealership visit 12/22

well, i took the jeep in to the dealership on monday. the door clunking and the oil change warning were "fixed." the guy in the service dept told me that the "warning" is preset from the factory to go off at 2500miles. i asked him if it would go off every 2500 miles, and he said "no; it's only the first 2500 miles."

everyone else have the 2500 miles oil change warning light? or should i call him on his shtuff next time i see him?

btw, i tried the "fix" i read about turning the key to acc, then pumping the gas pedal 3 to 5 times (tried both), but it didn't work.

i also had the door clunking noise "fixed" while i was there. i had the tsb printed out for the tech if he needed it, but the guy knew what i was talking about (or at least acted like it when he was pokin' around on his handheld computer).

tsb 23-024-08 (door rattle / clunking)

i checked the latches after the service and they all seemed to have a greaselike substance covering them. also on the ~10mile trip home and since, i haven't heard the clunking again. we'll see how long that'll hold up.

i have seen these two part #'s for new latches:

Drivers Side - 4589277AH
Passenger Side- 4589276AG

...if the lube-job doesn't fix the sound, is there a tsb for the new latches?

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:45 PM..
Unread 12-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #85
oliron

My change oil warning came on at 2500 also.

Harold
oliron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #86
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliron View Post
My change oil warning came on at 2500 also.

Harold

thanks, oliron...

update on the latch/door knocking:

for the most part the lube-job from the tsb helped. it reduced the noise on the back doors to where i can't hear it from the front anymore...and it reduced to front door, especially the driver's side to barely anything. it's not so much a "every bump in the road thing" it's more like a "bigger bump in the road thing." it's bearable until i can figure out if there is a tsb on the latches or i can document a couple more times of annoyance when bringing the jeep in for service.

also, anyone headed out to the spring creek offroad park tomorrow (sunday)? i'm gonna try to get my dad or cousin to go out there with me. hopefully i should get some good pics...stay tuned.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 12-29-2008 at 09:50 AM..
Unread 12-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #87
HammerG26

I did the "electric tape" fix for the door clunking - one of these days I will get around to going to the dealer to fix it "properly" (a.k.a new latch).
Unread 12-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #88
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

had some fun today...

...took the jeep out to the creek for a couple of hours. had some fun; she handled great.

rocks, inclines/declines, mud, etc...

b_c

Unread 12-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #89
coptered
2011 JK Wrangler 

Do you have the nut's removed on your doors? My 2008 Rubi Unlimited was clunking real bad until I put the door hinge nuts back on. Now my door clunk has quit. I believe the nuts actually act as a bushing to tighten up the door hinges.
Unread 12-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #90
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coptered View Post
Do you have the nut's removed on your doors?
i never have removed my doors...so deez nuts you speak of should still be on, right?

b_c

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.