been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #46
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
Coming along nicely my friend. Those wheels and tires are a big improvement.
thank you

i love the wheels. my wife even said it makes the jeep look better.

...i've got the ultra mount install on my mind. gonna read through the instruction a couple of more times before i start tomorrow. still waiting on my cobra 75...the seller won't even respond to my msgs

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:42 AM   #47
Racin444
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey i have an idea......

mod 8: Procedure To Turn ON (or OFF) The Permanent ESP Disable Feature

a. Verify that the automatic transmission selector is in the “Park” position, and that a
manual transmission is in neutral gear.
b. Start the vehicle engine and wait approximately five (5) seconds for the system bulb
check to complete.
c. Shift the transfer case into the 4H range position. Firmly set parking brake.
d. Turn the steering wheel until it is centered and the wheels are pointed straight
ahead.
e. Turn the steering wheel one-half (˝) turn to the right (clockwise). HOLD steering
wheel in this position.
f. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds. Release the “ESP OFF” button
right after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.
g. Turn the steering wheel back to center, then turn the steering wheel one-half (˝)
turn to the left (counterclockwise). HOLD the steering wheel in this position.
h. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds. Release the “ESP OFF” button
05-001-08 -6-
i. Turn the steering wheel back to center.
j. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds. Release the “ESP OFF” button
k. Cycle the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
2. While the Permanent ESP Disable feature is turned on, the vehicle will display the
following:
a. The ESP telltale in the instrument cluster will be illuminated.
b. The vehicle odometer will display a “ESP OFF” message.
3. To Turn OFF The Permanent ESP Disable Feature:
a. Repeat the above procedure (in Step 1).

I did this and the seat belt chim. Thought i would share if you didnt like youre wrangler driving by itself when the tires broke lose. Works like a charm
Racin444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #48
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Smart man; good bulb choice. The Phillips +80 is the best replacement bulb going right now.

Easy way to replace is to just lift up on the airbox and pull it straight up and out of the way; it's only held in with bayonets in rubber grommets. On the other side, just move the horn out of the way a little. Total time of R&R is about 6 minutes.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #49
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racin444 View Post
Hey i have an idea......

mod 8: Procedure To Turn ON (or OFF) The Permanent ESP Disable Feature
hmmmm...what exactly does it do? can't i just press the button to turn it off in 2hi/4hi? it's turned off completely in 4lo, no?

i'm gonna leave it on, for now. three days after i got my jeep, i had to swerve to make an evasive maneuver b/c some jackhole was switching lanes without looking...i'm pretty sure esp saved my jeep (i felt like i was on 2 wheels for a second).

thanks for the idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilldweller
Smart man; good bulb choice. The Phillips +80 is the best replacement bulb going right now.
i love 'em

Quote:
Easy way to replace is to just lift up on the airbox and pull it straight up and out of the way; it's only held in with bayonets in rubber grommets. On the other side, just move the horn out of the way a little. Total time of R&R is about 6 minutes.
now you tell me

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 12-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #50
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

easy, free

mod 8: REMOVED "X" DECAL FROM BOTH SIDES - just didn't think she's an "x" anymore.

hair dryer and fingernail (free)

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:42 PM..
Unread 12-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #51
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

lol, i was like "HOLY CRAP, HE PAINTED GRASS ON HIS JEEP" then i realized that's what a clean one looks like.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #52
Racin444
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
hmmmm...what exactly does it do? can't i just press the button to turn it off in 2hi/4hi? it's turned off completely in 4lo, no?
Your jeep claims that esp is off when you press the button or when you have it in 4hi and 4lo, but it only turns 1/2 off. This is the permanent disable feature so it will be 100% off. Sometimes needed for offroading and bigger tires.
Racin444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #53
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242much View Post
lol, i was like "HOLY CRAP, HE PAINTED GRASS ON HIS JEEP" then i realized that's what a clean one looks like.
lol...yeah, i try to wash the jeep once a week or so. helps with gas mileage and preservation.

b_c

Unread 12-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #54
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

installed the ultra mount antenna system today. routed the line to the glove box. wasn't hard, just keep running out of light when i start these mods...gonna have to buy a set of "work" lights.

man, does it ever stop

like i said, the "system" wasn't hard to install. i would've enjoyed an extra foot or so of line, but it should work alright (would've been hard to do a upper dash mount with the line provided).

pics tomorrow in the daylight. the cb is supposedly on its way.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 01-08-2009 at 05:44 PM..
Unread 12-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #55
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey b_c did ya see the smoke side marker lights and grill lights on the ebay? If your going to black the jeep out these look awsome. There inexpensive also. Next buy?
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #56
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

save some money and use night shade on the side markers and turn indicators I smoked the tail lights with it and am waiting on another can so I can finish my turn indicators and side markers

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #57
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Hey b_c did ya see the smoke side marker lights and grill lights on the ebay? If your going to black the jeep out these look awsome. There inexpensive also. Next buy?
Quote:
save some money and use night shade on the side markers and turn indicators I smoked the tail lights with it and am waiting on another can so I can finish my turn indicators and side markers
what's night shade?

i've been thinking about the "black out" idea. i know i don't like "chrome," but these wheels are growing on me. the black powder coat isn't out of the question...just have to think of it a bit more.

speaking of the wheels. the tire pressure monitor alarm went off on me today while i was on the freeway. i can change the valve stems out of my old wheels or keep the light on...

...i wonder how much discount/sears/walmart would charge me to switch? (nvrmnd...just called discount. $105-140ish, plus tax)

makes me wonder if these tires have been balanced? the tpms sensors should have been in these...they're from an 08. hmmm...

...gotta go in before too long.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 12-08-2008 at 05:18 PM..
Unread 12-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #58
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
pics tomorrow in the daylight. the cb is supposedly on its way.
removing light and license

important ordering of components

hole was a little oblong, but it's a good fit

daylight

it sits well, just waiting for the cb. the seller said i should have it this week.

b_c

Unread 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #59
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

question: what's the measurement?

does anyone know the distance between centers of the two screws on the right side of the radio?

...i'm thinking about a "self-fab" mount for the cb/ipod/cellphone.

b_c

Unread 12-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #60
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

i did the tpms switch today...

...cost me $131.00 with tax @ discount tire. no more light...no more dinging.

i forgot to tell you the side story to the wheels and tires:

after i got the wheels/tires on my jeep i took some pics and came in and wrote an email to chip (the guy that i bought the wheels from). i thanked him once again and sent him a link to my picture journal. i asked for some pics of his jeep (which btw was badass). a few days later i get an email from him saying that his son wanted to know what kind of dogs i was selling, for i told chip of the litter. well sure enough, on sunday chip's son, matt, came by the house and picked out one of my big females (w/ lots of coloring...) i gave him the same discount that his dad have given me, $200 off asking price, and he gave me the $300.

so if i re-tally mod 7 costs (counting puppy as credit):

($600) wheels/tires
($131) tpms swap and balancing
$300 credit from sale of dog to chip's son

= $431 out of pocket for a NEW set of bfg mud terrain tires and moab wheels (they are called moab, right?)

b_c

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.