been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #556
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Did it restart after a while?

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #557
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK View Post
Did it restart after a while?
It was only off for a few secs, but off for sure. All gauges were zeroed, radio off. Power brakes and steering gone. ...but just for like 4secs. Freaked me out though. Had my boy with me and the doors and top off.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #558
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
It was only off for a few secs, but off for sure. All gauges were zeroed, radio off. Power brakes and steering gone. ...but just for like 4secs. Freaked me out though. Had my boy with me and the doors and top off.

b_c
That is scary for sure. Glad to hear everything turned out ok since you lost control of the brakes and steering. That is bad news.
Sorry I'm so horrible at missing details like the fact that you said it was for 4 seconds in an earlier post.

Quote:
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #559
Lynch_6913
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Read through the whole thread. Love it! Sorry to hear about the issues lately. and as for the pistol check out the glocks, i have trained with them and am very happy with the 2 i own. the glock 27 is a small little power house running the .40 cal. my favorite one.
Lynch_6913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #560
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch_6913 View Post
Read through the whole thread. Love it! Sorry to hear about the issues lately. and as for the pistol check out the glocks, i have trained with them and am very happy with the 2 i own. the glock 27 is a small little power house running the .40 cal. my favorite one.
not a big fan of the glocks...call me silly; i know they are a good gun, just don't like the way they look and feel. thinking about going w/ an hk. ...the funny thing about it was that when i went to the local gunshow, i knew nothing about sidearms. i just knew that i wanted to hold as many from as many different mfgs that i could. ...the hk's felt the best, no bs. ...then i get home and start researching and the hk's are supposed to be one of the best, up there w/ glock and springfield armory. funny.

hmmm...looking at my old posts, i may have mods 58, 59, and 60 to list. for sure 58 and 59...i think maybe 60. let me look at some pics/stuff. back in a few days

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #561
Lynch_6913
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ya it really depends on the person. No good to have a gun, even if it is a good one, if it doesn't feel right and therefore isn't as much fun to shoot or train with. And i have heard great things about the HK
Lynch_6913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #562
Darteres
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Been reading this thread for the last several days on and off. Love the mods and you've done a lot of what I was thinking about eventually doing to my 2011 Rubicon. How's the Spiderweb shade working for you? That's the next piece of gear I wanna get after I get some ace jk rock sliders.

I really love my Springfield xdm compact. Got it for concealed carry, but I also like the fact that it fits my wife's small hands pretty well with the small magazine and I can use it with the full-size magazine. The HK's are mighty comfy though.
Darteres is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #563
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darteres View Post
Been reading this thread for the last several days on and off. Love the mods and you've done a lot of what I was thinking about eventually doing to my 2011 Rubicon. How's the Spiderweb shade working for you?

i haven't had my soft top or doors on all summer.

...just been parking black jeep in the garage. it's rained on me a couple of times, but for the most part, the spiderweb shade keeps out a lot of water (if it's not a downpour).

NOTE: guenella pass @ 12,000ft w/ the spiderweb and doors off in the rain @ 57*F was not fun ... but hey, i've got a story!

still owe you all my last couple of mods...been busy, but i promise to come post 'em up soon!.

...............................FYI................ ....................................

if you're in the denver area on 9/17, come out to the jeep parts garage sale and swap meet!!!

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-JeepP...ents/28384541/

.................................................. ..........................

b_c

Unread 08-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #564
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
NOTE: guenella pass @ 12,000ft w/ the spiderweb and doors off in the rain @ 57*F was not fun ... but hey, i've got a story!

b_c
We drove thru there when we were up there in July. Georgous, but the trip up the mountain on the gravel roads in a tahoe sucked. Definately could have used a 4x4 solid axle vehicle.
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #565
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

We're coming back to Texas!!!!

...and I've got some serious plans for black jeep. Stay tuned!!

Unread 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #566
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c
We're coming back to Texas!!!!

...and I've got some serious plans for black jeep. Stay tuned!!
Moving back?

What are the plans?!
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #567
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Moving back?

What are the plans?!

yeah, after 2.5yrs in colorado, forming a 200+ member group, and making the best out of it even when it got tough...we've decided to move back to texas and the family-tribe. new baby on the way, wife having probs getting good job and not liking it here, and money issues made the decision an easy one

anywho...i'll make lemonade no matter what, ya know?

plans for the black jeep (not in order):

>brake upgrade - still trying to figure out if teraflex big brake kit will fit my cragar soft 8's (16")
>steering upgrade
>rear 1/4panel fix (MAN, do i want to do the truck conversion!)
>interior upgrade (gonna put some leather in, i think)
>axle upgrade d60's
>tire upgrade 40"s
>roll cage

b_c

Unread 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #568
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah, after 2.5yrs in colorado, forming a 200+ member group, and making the best out of it even when it got tough...we've decided to move back to texas and the family-tribe. new baby on the way, wife having probs getting good job and not liking it here, and money issues made the decision an easy one

anywho...i'll make lemonade no matter what, ya know?

plans for the black jeep (not in order):

>brake upgrade - still trying to figure out if teraflex big brake kit will fit my cragar soft 8's (16")
>steering upgrade
>rear 1/4panel fix (MAN, do i want to do the truck conversion!)
>interior upgrade (gonna put some leather in, i think)
>axle upgrade d60's
>tire upgrade 40"s
>roll cage

b_c
Congrats on the new little one!

And good luck! I don't know how the job market is everywhere, but I lost more than 50% of my own yearly income when I got to Colorado! I continued to lose money until I got laid off! My wife did ok though.

How are you gonna put a baby in a car seat in a JK on 40s? You people are crazy!!!

Quote:
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #569
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

well...

...today we sold black jeep. drove her down to kenedy, tx, and sold her to alexander ford. my wife said on the drive back up that it felt like we put our dog down or something today. quite a quiet drive back, for sure.

really though, it was a rough day for me; i couldn't sleep at all last night, and i didn't want to get out of bed this morning. yesterday i took black jeep to the carwash to wash the engine and the outside. this morning i got up and vacuumed the inside and took all the stuff out of the jeep that wasn't being sold. most everything went though. i've got the highlift and some knicks knacks, but all in all $11,200 of equipment and add-ons went with the jeep. ...and that's not counting the hours of installation nor the costs that would've come with that. shoot, a cruise control & install at the dealer ship is $400-500.

anywho, i wish the new owner many miles of trails and happiness.

thank you, black jeep, for all the memories!

b_c

(this isn't the last of me ... new project coming soon )

Unread 06-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #570
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear why'd you sell?

New project will ne awesome, I'm sure!
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.