been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #541
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Threads like this make me so happy I bought a Jeep. But then it scares the hell out of me knowing that things will eventually break.

Awesome work and a radical thread. Thanks for sharing it with us!

goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #542
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
Awesome work and a radical thread. Thanks for sharing it with us!

radical, like bill & ted...or radical, like che guevara?

...i like sharing my build with all of you. i hope there have been some things you've learned from my learning along the way.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #543
drewster
1973 CJ5 

Keep up the good work! This jeep has gone threw some serious surgery!
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]15% OFF STORE WIDE!!![/COLOR][/SIZE] CHECK OUT[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"][B][URL="http://www.hotjeepparts.com"][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.hotjeepparts.com"][COLOR="Red"]www.HOTJEEPPARTS.COM[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
drewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #544
jeepl!fe
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i just read through this whole thing and i must say this is an awesome build! keep it up
jeepl!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #545
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewster View Post
Keep up the good work! This jeep has gone threw some serious surgery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon7
i just read through this whole thing and i must say this is an awesome build! keep it up

thanks ya'll...it's been a rough couple of months w/ the front end. got a leaky internal seal on the front driver's side that i'm getting fixed tomorrow (must've "torn it up" as many time as i was giving it the shaft ). i'll post more about those when it's done...here's what i wanted to tell the masses about tonight:

mod 56 - firestone destination m/t's (315/75r16) on 16"x8" cragar soft 8's - ooops i did it again...well, kinda. i loved the look of the soft eights, but was getting a little tired of the "little" 33's up front, so i started looking around for some deals on CL...there weren't many 17" tires being offered and what the stores wanted for 17's was insane....so i started thinking about what i could do to get some new wheels/tires. ...here's what i did:

i saw 4 trXus m/t's on 16's w/ one unmounted spare w/ less than 100 miles on CL but in wy, and the guy only wanted $250! prob b/c they were 70% worn, but more prob b/c he was in the middle of nowhere in wy! anyway, i loaded up my boy and headed out...i figured it would be a good break-in trip for the new front ring/pinion/locker anyway. ~300 miles and $250+gas later i'm back home putting on the wheels/tires. btw, i kind of liked the look of the trXus boggers...the ride SUCKED, but the look was good. so the 5-17"ers are off, and i put them on CL for $600 (which was a mistake, in hindsight, i could've gotten $800 easy...oh well). i got a hit the next day and they were sold. ...3 weeks pass, i'm driving around on the trXus's looking at tires/deals etc. ...i talk w/ a local firestone and they say that they can get me the 315 firestone destination m/t's for $234/ea...that's almost $50 cheaper than tirerack, and i don't have to pay shipping. i tell them heck yeah...order them. $1315 for all 5 mounted on the 5 new 16"x8" cragars i ended up ordering for ~$350. i currently have the trXus's up on CL for $550, and have some people coming by this week to look at them....so if all goes well, i'll be up $300 on that deal...leaving me at ~$800 out of pocket for 5 new 16" wheels and 5 new 35" tires.

33" trXus M/T's on 16's

ride is rough, but even at 60-70% worn, these were grippy as hell in the mud

new 35" firestone destination m/t's mounted

fills in the wheel wells nicely...gonna have to get the grinder out for the rear seams and rock rails.

now to address this steering issue that i have...anyone else have a steering that moans/clunks at you when you turn into a bump/flex? i'm thinking it's the intermediate shaft maybe needing greasing...i'm gonna try that first. if not and still maybe, i did find this company that will rebuild my steering box with 33% stronger internals for $140 plus shipping >> west texas 4wheel & offroad; san angelo, tx; 325-653-7001.

more to come; stay tuned.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #546
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice build. I need to order a set of those ball joints soon.

Who did you have do your re-gear?

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #547
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK View Post
Nice build. I need to order a set of those ball joints soon.

Who did you have do your re-gear?

thanks,

gears were done by josh jones, scc customs...check the cjp-link in i'm my sig. he's a member. he's actually in the denver area offering the job for $750 (i think) w/o the masters, but for gears/labor that's awesome.

b_c

Unread 06-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #548
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to 35"'s.
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #549
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
thanks,

gears were done by josh jones, scc customs...check the cjp-link in i'm my sig. he's a member. he's actually in the denver area offering the job for $750 (i think) w/o the masters, but for gears/labor that's awesome.

b_c
Cool, thanks. I tried to get ahold of him a week or so ago, but he didn't get back to me. I saw in the CO section he's pretty busy.

Quote:
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #550
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK View Post
Cool, thanks. I tried to get ahold of him a week or so ago, but he didn't get back to me. I saw in the CO section he's pretty busy.
i talked w/ him...he said to either call him again or txt him. he's still offering the job for $750 (labor/gears). i even got him to install my a aussie locker up front. good guy who does great work.

speaking of...

mod 57 - ALLOY USA FRONT AXLE SEAL 07-10 JK D30 16534.13 - well, as mentioned before, i gave my axle the shaft one too many times, it seems, which made for a sloppy seal (gear oil spilling out drivers side). actually, what it was (and this is a good warning for everyone) was that there were some inner shaft seating rings that went onto the end of the stock shafts. when we put the new shafts in, i put these ring thingies back on, but when i pulled again to do whatever, i didn't take out of the axle tube to reseat before replacing the shaft...long story short, the two on the drivers side got pushed all the way to the seal and tore it up. the ones on the passenger side were by the outer seal that i installed.

sorry no pics of the install...

oh, and check this sh!tty-crap-crap out...

^didn't happen on the road; happened while my jeep was parked in the driveway!!! wtf!?! we're by a non-paved alley...my guess is someone hauled @$$ around the corner kicking up some rocks. pisses me off! now i've got to deal w/ this before i get a ticket!

b_c

Unread 06-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #551
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

^^^ that sucks man...probably an ******* in a ****can 1988 crx with a fart can muffler. bastard.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #552
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

That does suck!

Quote:
Unread 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #553
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
mod 38 - spiderweb shade solutions - SW1-JK-4D - this is the four-door version of spiderweb shades' SW1 model. from what i understand, this is a pretty versatile shade. ...we'll see.

SW1-JK-4D (ebay...$69.79 w/ shipping)

finally got the spiderweb shade put on...

i love it...

...but it doesn't keep the water out.

(didn't put soft top on last night...had .5" of rain water in the jeep today)

b_c

Unread 07-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #554
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

WT-double-F!!!

...driving down the road today going about 25mph and the jeep just shuts the fvck off! dies! no radio, no engine, no steering, NOTHING. then maybe 3-4 seconds later everything just comes back on. at first i just thought the sat radio lost signal but then looked down and i was completely off.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...riving-374042/

^^i'm taking it in next week, i'm hoping it's something they won't try to pull the "you modded so we're not covering" out of their @$$.

AND i have a brake leak out of the front right caliper...they definitely won't cover that! looks like the teraflex kit is in my future.

i've also done some other mods lately. 2 or 3, i think. i'll get some pics and post the info this weekend.

b_c

Unread 07-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #555
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

just found this...

gonna keep track here so i can slam the dealer, then i'm gonna send some letters!! i'm tired of this *****

JUL 03, 2007 | Recall ID# 71930 Hide Details

Recall Reason ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Recall Date JUL 03, 2007
Model Affected WRANGLER
Potential Units Affected 80894

Recall Summary
ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE (TIPM) WAS PROGRAMMED WITH SOFTWARE THAT MAY ALLOW THE ENGINE TO STALL UNDER CERTAIN OPERATING CONDITIONS.

Consequence
THIS COULD CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

Remedy
DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE TIPM. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 5, 2007.

^^^what was fixed...

REPROGRAM TIPM-ENGINE STALLING
REPROGRAM EBC MODULE
TRANSMISSION FLUID TEMPERATURE WARNING

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.