been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfECGS Black Friday Sale!!Gear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 12-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #481
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

oh man...it's like early christmas around here. fedexaclaus dropped off something on my front door today

teraflex lower modular joint rebuild kits for front lower joints on my flex arms

rebuild kits for front lower flex arms (teraflex...FREE! gotta love bad@$$ customer service!)

also, i just can't seem to stay away from craigslist and ebay, even though i probably should not be spending any more money...lol. my wife is gonna kill me. fortunately i just recently got her a new droid phone, so she's happy for now.

mod 46 - poison spyder d30 differential cover - i'm getting new gears here in the next couple of days, so this was perfect timing as far as me finding this deal on craigslist. ...always seems to work out like that for some reason??? anyway, thanks mark for the groovy deal, even if the sticker on the cover is missing ...badass setup on your jk, man!

poison spyder d30 diff cover ($60...craigslist)

peace,

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #482
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

stay off craigslist...stay off craigslist...

...i gotta keep telling myself this. every time i log on, i end up spending money.

stay tuned for the latest mod. i gotta go pick it up sometime this week. any guesses? avg cost is ~$99.00...i'm getting it nib for $55.

also, still no gears yet. the guy doing the install is still waiting for the front master install kit to arrive. he did say he was doing a jk the other day w/o one, or was trying to, and came across the pinion being seized to the pinion bearing...rusted maybe is a better word. anyone out there a diff-guy who has seen this on the jk d44's? he said his supplier mentioned it's pretty common on the jk. what would make the pinion bearing rust to the pinion? bad seals (which ones?)? ...not changing diff fluid? ...or what?

...so anyway, he said he ended up putting the jk back together w/o doing the gears b/c he couldn't get enough leverage on the pinion to break it free. he's worried mine is going to be the same way, so he's gonna check it out, but has offered to switch me out my d44 w/ a jk d44 he has at his shop. he says w/ the rear end removed he has the angle to free the pinion..but on the jeep he can't. the d44 he has at his shop has 50miles on it, so i think it's a good deal. anyone have any worries that i'm not thinking about? i know the check the welds by the diff b/c my buddy's d44 welds were crap, other than that, anything else to check for or worry about?

more to come.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #483
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

on the first day...

...well it took a little longer than one day, and if northern tool or ups is anyone's gods, Lord help us all.

... ...

mod 47 - NORTHERN INDUSTRIAL LIGHTING - MINI WIDE BEAM SPOTLIGHT KIT - got me four of these lights for rock lighting. ...one of the scarier things that we did in moab was crawling baby lions back at night. it was so trippy because i had just taken off my fog lights in the front so we were just going off my headlights. ...i'm glad i did that upgrade to those earlier! anyway, on our way off sand flats we saw this dude coming down the entrance to hells revenge. he was all sorts of crazy lit up underneath and in front. so i made myself a promise that i would get some lights. ...here they are.

Northern Tool...(4 lights w/ shipping...$59.20)

...the craigslist mod will be posted soon. i picked it up...all is good there, just haven't had the chance to take some pics b/c it's still in the back of my jeep. maybe tomorrow, if i remember. any guesses still?

peace,

b_c

Unread 12-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #484
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

btw, this is what the lights will look like performing when they are mounted

^^can ya'll see that pic?

b_c

Unread 12-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #485
Sandlapper3396

2009 JK Wrangler 

wow!!
Sandlapper3396 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #486
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
mod 45 - american standard 4.88 gears, yukon yc d706008 open carrier for d30 (needed if you have less than 3.73 gears), master install kits for front and rear -

in the next few days, i'll post up some pics of the install process (hopefully).

well...just got confirmation today that the install kits will be here tomorrow. ...looking like that will put the install on next tuesday.

i still haven't gotten a chance to take any pics of my craigslist purchase...i keep forgetting to take it out of the back of the jeep.

b_c

Unread 12-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #487
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

no gears yet...

...keeping my fingers crossed for wed 12/29. everything is in stock, now, just waiting on a time where our schedules match up.

b_c

Unread 01-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #488
TheMiser3
2010 JK Wrangler 

Would it be possible to have a stock 2010 Rubicon, and put on just the full flex control arm's from Teraflex without changing anything else? (I'm trying to get started on a lift, but i don't want to chince out on the final product but also don't have the money to do it all at once.) I'd really like a 3" - 3.5" lift in the end with the full flex arms, but just can't afford it all at once. Wondering if I can do it piece by piece. Thanks
Traded the 2008 Unlimited JK Rubicon for a 2010 of the same flavor, but Deep Water Blue -Still stock... for now... ;) Grab Handles, and the Daystar dash have been added and welding practice has commenced.
TheMiser3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #489
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiser3 View Post
Would it be possible to have a stock 2010 Rubicon, and put on just the full flex control arm's from Teraflex without changing anything else? (I'm trying to get started on a lift, but i don't want to chince out on the final product but also don't have the money to do it all at once.) I'd really like a 3" - 3.5" lift in the end with the full flex arms, but just can't afford it all at once. Wondering if I can do it piece by piece. Thanks

i'd start w/ the lift then go w/ the arms...or buy the arms and sit on them until you get your lift in. the arms come longer than stock, so w/o the lift you'll be fooling w/ your drive-line angles and such. the arms i got didn't even come with instructions for the 2.5" lift. did a little math to figure it out, but almost didn't/couldn't use them on the front uppers

Unread 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #490
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
no gears yet...

...keeping my fingers crossed for wed 12/29. everything is in stock, now, just waiting on a time where our schedules match up.

b_c

dropped black jeep off today!!! going to pick her up tomorrow w/ the gears done!

b_c

Unread 01-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #491
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

man, it feels like i've got a new jeep...

...well a new engine at least.

the 4.88's put so much power back where it belongs...i'm sorry i didn't/couldn't do this sooner. only thing now is that i'm at 2900rpm in 6th gear going 70mph. a little high for my liking, but fortunately i don't travel highway too much.

maybe it's time for those 34's??

b_c

Unread 01-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #492
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
maybe it's time for those 36's??

b_c
Fixed it for ya! Glad you finally got that done, wait til your on the trails in 4low...a HUGE improvement there as well!
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #493
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

i saw a guy the other day, actually the guy that i bought the d30 diff cover from, was rolling on 37's on his 4dr jk. he had teraflex 4" w/ the dual fox shock setup, yadda yadda.

...but he was still rolling on the d30. i'm not sure if he had shafts (i'm assuming so), but even then, i'd be scared to put that much "stress" on the 30 and even the rear 44 with those 37's on there. ...end up bending/twisting your housing.

anyway, i was just pricing some 305's. i'm even thinking about going down to a 16" rim, but haven't made up my mind on that one. if i don't ~1200 for 5 tires mounted. if i get the rims, ~1500 b/c i'll stay with same style.

i still owe all you jeep peeps out there my craigslist find. ha, i still haven't taken it out of the back of my jeep yet...tomorrow afternoon, for sure; i need to take some measurements for some mounting brackets...hint, hint.

b_c

Unread 01-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #494
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

ooops, forgot the pics...

...i took some pics of my old rear-end that i got traded out for a rear end w/ 50 miles on it!

so for $855 (actually $870 b/c i had to buy some gear oil) i got a new rear end plus the 4.88 gears.

old rear

spyder diff cover installed

b_c

Unread 01-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #495
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

ruh-rho...

looks like i may have some bad axle seals and/or shafts...

...i called the guy who put in the gears and the back axle. he said the shafts were the most rusty he had ever seen. so he's guessing the rust ate the seal and is causing this...

so i'm trying to talk the gear guy into trading me out my old shafts for some new ones that he had for this axle. it's either that or spend about 400 on a set of new chromoly shafts for the rear.

let's hope he'll hook me up.

b_c

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.