been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 02-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #421
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

i'm still rollin'

heheh...been busy, big dog. opened up my own company, so i've been working my full-time job plus doing things that need to be done to make my own company successful. probably been working 70+hr weeks between the two.

anyway...here's some pics and whatnots of what i've been doing up here:

the last pics i posted were from left hand canyon...i finally talked my wife into going on a ride, and we went to rampart range road (before it closed for the winter)

my buddy jon and his laredo

my wifey enjoying the scenery

beautiful

this was scarey...i stopped to check on the rodeo here in the trees, but when i tried to start again, my *** end slid down the hill and we were stuck like this

dug out with the help of some other people on the trail

my boy enjoys every minute

more to come...

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #422
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

i got slaughtered on slaughterhouse

well...here's the last ride i went on about a month ago. really wanted to get out this weekend, but we were hit with another 6-10" of snow, and as you'll see below, i'm OVER snow.

it was a crapass day...temps weren't supposed to get over 14F. the drive to the trailhead sucked...i shoulda took warning

met up w/ some local jeep club members...why am i always the shortest? lol ...these guys had some serious rigs

it was super snowy! ...at some places over 3ft deep!

i had to pull our lead guy out of a few drifts along the trail...

everything was peachy, until we reached this gully area that was one of the places that the snow had piled up 3ft plus. the lead guy made it through and warned on the cb to watch for the slight slope wanting to push you down hill. as you can see i ended up against a tree

not really happy w/ the resulting dent, but hey the door still works

all in all, i'd do it again. how else am i gonna learn? plus, even w/ the damage, i ended up having fun!

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 02-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #423
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

vids...click on the pics.

b_c

Unread 02-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #424
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good update man. Sounds like your having fun. I've got another jeep buddy up in your area who built a JK. He's in some project-jk.com forum or something.

PM me details about your new capatilist venture! I'd love to hear about it!
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #425
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

don't call it a comeback...

i know...i know...i've been neglecting the masses w/o any updates and barely any ride reports.

apologies...i hope that in the next couple of weeks and months i'll be able to make it up to y'all.

anyway, on w/ the mods, eh?

mod 38 - spiderweb shade solutions - SW1-JK-4D - this is the four-door version of spiderweb shades' SW1 model. from what i understand, this is a pretty versatile shade. ...we'll see.

SW1-JK-4D (ebay...$69.79 w/ shipping)

so what's the plan, stan? well i'm glad you asked...

...most of you have heard of jk-forvm's easter jeep safari. well, instead of going w/ them, a few of us denver jeep club leaders have decided to go the week after easter, so april 5-9. there's also supposed to be a hummer group up there, so what better time to show them what 1/2 their money doing 2x the work looks like.

for more info, click the link >>> MOAB...the making of a legend. (DAY 1) - Colorado JeepPeople (Denver, CO) - Meetup.com

stay tuned for mods 39 and 40; coming soon!

peace,

b_c

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #426
CarolinaPoetic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

hey BC, hit me up with some runs you plan on doing i got some jeeps up here in south dakota that would make the trip to denver for a good run or two... we can return the favor once the black hills open up from winter closure
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #427
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaPoetic View Post
hey BC, hit me up with some runs you plan on doing i got some jeeps up here in south dakota that would make the trip to denver for a good run or two... we can return the favor once the black hills open up from winter closure

join the meetup group in the link above your post. ...that's the best way to stay informed with all the haps on the craps.

...the season is just "kicking off" with moab.

peace,

b_c

Unread 03-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #428
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

mod 39 - four used BFG KM2 285/70R17's - so, this guy was listing these on craigslist...he was asking 600, so i offered 200, and he said he would take 300. i went over to his place which was about 30mins away...lo and behold one of the tires has a screw in the "sidewall" area. i told him the deal was off unless he offered something lower than 300. he said he'd take 250, so i started looking at the other tires. no real sidewall scuffing, no noticeable cupping (one looks like it could start soon) and treads look about 60-70%. i said my original offer was still on the table, 200 for all four, or i'd have to walk. he said okay.

4 BFG 285/70R17's (craigslist...some haggling and $200)

so the plan is already in motion...i have 2 new bfg 285/70r17 km2's on order and they should be here tomorrow morning...the best 2 of the 3 tires will be put on the black jeep. the 3rd best will go as the spare. maybe the tire shop will want to buy the 4th tire with a screw in it from me?? that would be cool; if not, all together, after all is said and done, i'll be at $850 with tax for 5 tires mounted/balanced and tpms replaced. i don't think that's too bad...that's 170/ea. ...with two new ones in the mix, i'm happy.

so here's a question to the masses. since i'm getting two new tires...where should i put them? both up front? both in back? one in front and back (same side or staggered?)?

...i say two new should go up front. what say you?

b_c

Unread 03-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #429
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

alright...on some sound advice, gonna put the two used ones in the back and the new ones in the front.

...pics should be up around 2 or 3 tomorrow. it's only 1/2" more clearance, but every bit helps. these tires are wider, too...so my "stability" should improve while turning radius takes a slight hit, probably not much.

we shall see.

b_c

Unread 03-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #430
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

ended up selling my 255/75r17's to the tire shop that did my work...$150.

total expense for 5-33" bfg km2's (2 new ones in the mix) mounted/balanced = $700. i'm extremely happy.

you can definitely tell the difference on the width of the tires.

now what?? ...maybe exhaust. ...maybe chip. ...probably corner guards.

joe

Last edited by b_c; 03-08-2010 at 11:29 PM..
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #431
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

what a thread!

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #432
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

when i went to go get my tires on yesterday...the guy at the tire shop sheered off one of my zerk fittings that's on the front right lower control arm. so now the threaded part is still in the hole and there nothing to unscrew it with. the fitting has a hole through the middle so i went to the autoparts store and got an "easy out" tool.

i'll need to drill out the center a little, but i think the easy out will work.

here's some pics:

good zerk, bad design

broke zerk

b_c

Unread 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #433
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

every "winch" way...

mod 40 - warn winch plate - bought this sucker off of ebay for at least half the cost. didn't come w/ any hardware, but fastenal and some grade 8's will be just fine. i don't see holes for the most outter most mounts on my bumper...BUT i see that on the quadratec website, there's bolts through them there holes. guess i'm gonna have to drill? anyone have any experience w/ the rancho bumper and a winch plate?

mod 41 - superwinch epi 9.0 winch - hopefully this will help at moab and in the snow next time i go.

(winch plate...ebay...$69.79 shipped ........ winch...amazon...$549 shipped)

b_c

Unread 03-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #434
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

^^^ Not gonna lie...I have a little bit of male jeep envy going on right now. WTG man on the purchase.
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #435
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

you stupid zerk...

well...thanks to a drill, a few bits, and a #1 easy out tool, i got the broke part of the zerk fitting out of the control arm...

...funny enough, i had some backups already (go figure, i knew it would be a problem at some point), but the ones i had were sae, and i needed metric. 6mm to be exact. bought a mixed pack, and ended up going w/ the stubby instead of the 45* one. i think it may save me some headaches in the future.

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.