been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #16
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff408 View Post
Where did you get those headlights? They look like they work great.
suvlightsDOTcom...$51.00 w/ shipping...there was a definite difference.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #17
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

installed the front tow hooks today...

whew...that was a job!

...but not as hard as everyone made it sound. the illustrations really weren't hard to follow.

before (tow hookless)

some during and afters:

one question...what the hell is this line for? it was attached to the bumper and it wasn't illustrated in the instructions

happy thanksgiving, everyone.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 11-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
tkn1437
2007 JK Wrangler 

I believe i was the one that sold you the tow hook on ebay. glad to see it being used. hope you enjoy.
tkn1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #19
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkn1437 View Post
I believe i was the one that sold you the tow hook on ebay. glad to see it being used. hope you enjoy.
lol...yup. i believe you are. looks good on. thanks

b_c

Unread 11-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #20
Woolecox
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Where did you get those headlights? They look like they work great.
Yeah! Where did you get those head lights? I have googled the web several times looking for those Phillips 80's with no luck.
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #21
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolecox View Post
Yeah! Where did you get those head lights? I have googled the web several times looking for those Phillips 80's with no luck.
try this link:

http://www.suvlights.com/product_inf...roducts_id=100

b_c

Unread 11-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #22
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
one question...what the h3ll is this line for? it was attached to the bumper and it wasn't illustrated in the instructions
found my answer...it's wiring for the fog lights. don't know if it can be spliced...but heres the kit info from mopar (includes new stalk).

Description: Complete kit, Fog Lights, switch, wire assembly and mounting brackets. For Jeeps not equipped with production Fog Lamps, not for use on Mopar integrated Fog Lamp front bumpers.
Item Number: 82210217
MSRP*: $227.00

...gonna have to get some new tires before this. maybe after taxes next year.

b_c

Unread 11-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #23
Woolecox
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
...i'm trying. but ran into an obstacle. adjusting the lights was a cake...they weren't that bad. but to replace the bulbs, htf do you get to the back of the assembly?
b_c
You have to first take the grille off. There are some slot screws at the top that must be turned 1/4 and then the grille can be pulled away starting from the bottom.

The owner's manual describes it best. Seems way too hard. About a 15 step process. On my Cummins, you just reach up under the bumper and twist the bulbs out. But it is a 2001 Dodge.

Looks like the jeep is a pain but I'll be doing it soon. I just ordered the same bulbs you got (PHILIPS- Xtreme Power XP +80). They are H13 type for the JK.

If they work out, I'll put them in the Dodge too. Thanks for the aiming tips!
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #24
tkn1437
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
on that link, what size did you get?
Unread 11-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #25
tkn1437
2007 JK Wrangler 

never nmind . got it.
Unread 11-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #26
jeff408
2008 JK Wrangler 

Which model is needed for the JK? Thanks, Jeff
jeff408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #27
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Which model is needed for the JK? Thanks, Jeff
h13...aka 9008

b_c

Unread 11-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #28
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey there, nice work! Did you have to drill any holes for the rear recovery point? And would you mind sending me a pm with the details of where I can buy it from on Ebay? Thanks!
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #29
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdls4 View Post
Hey there, nice work! Did you have to drill any holes for the rear recovery point? And would you mind sending me a pm with the details of where I can buy it from on Ebay? Thanks!
for the rear hook, no holes were needed. frame rail in the back has holes for both hook or hitch setup. just clean rail, line up holes, and tighten bolts. the installation for the front hooks...well that's a different story.

...for ebay, just search for "jeep hook". there's plenty out there for around the same cost of what i paid. you just gotta know when to bid. i think i saw mopar listing the rear hook for 70-something so anything under that (w/ shipping) is what you're looking for.

b_c

Unread 11-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #30
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

there's ringing in my ears...well, not anymore

mod 5: TURN OFF FASTEN SEAT BELT CHIME - i wear my seat belt for the most part, for i've been in one too many accidents in my lifetime. BUT to have that chime just continually go off, even pulling forward or backward in my longer than normal drive way is just freaking annoying. so:

(price: free)

Here are the steps to deactivate the chime (picked this up from another forum, should be in the owner's manual, too):

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.

2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep. (i don't know if starting is necessary, but i did it)

4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

next time you start the jeep, you'll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 02-06-2009 at 05:40 PM..

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.