been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 04-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #151
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceface View Post
Dont get procomp...
too late.

mod 21 - PROCOMP ES 2000 PERFORMANCE STEERING STABILIZER
- see post above.

(4wheelparts...32.48 w/ tax)

installation was easy, but the procomp kit didn't come with the right size/amount of the metal inserts that protect the bushings from the bolt (name?).

...so i had to remove the ones from the old stabilizer. talk about a pita! ended up drilling/hammering/pulling the mothers out

it's all installed now. putting the bigger bushings in the axle-mount took some persuading to get into place, but it's installed (i opted out of relocation brackets for now)

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13

Last edited by b_c; 04-04-2009 at 12:15 AM..
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #152
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

okay, so i'm getting two mod's in the next 7-14 days. paying for them tomorrow, so all i have to do is just wait for shipment from factories/warehouses to my new parts "middle-man". 4whlprts is convenient, but man, they're making a killing (quadratec, too).

can you guess what two mods i ordered??

both offer "protection"

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #153
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Some kind of skid, diff cover or rockers????

p.s. where is this cash flow for mods coming from. I want on the band wagon!!!
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #154
JeepAubjh
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
okay, so i'm getting two mod's in the next 7-14 days. paying for them tomorrow, so all i have to do is just wait for shipment from factories/warehouses to my new parts "middle-man". 4whlprts is convenient, but man, they're making a killing (quadratec, too).

both offer "protection"

b_c
I order alot of stuff from 4x4rockshop.com, they are the best place i have dealt with, on another not i got my D44 from my dad last weekend, waiting on my riddler diff cover to come in and then i can install it.
supposed to rain this weekend to you still going out? Dont know if i will be able to make it out.

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]2006 Jeep Wrangler X

4 lift, 35X12.50R-15 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2, 15x8 Ultra Baja Champ BLK MA LP, Fabtech Steering Skid, Skid Row Radiator Skid, RE Extended Brake Lines, RE Steering Stabilizer, JKS Discos, JKS ADJ Control Arms, JKS ADJ Trackbars, AtoZ Fabrication Rocker Guards. Trail-Gear Rear Tire Carrier, Superwinch LP8500, D44, Currie HD Tie Rod System, AA SYE and CV Driveshaft. ARB Snorkel. Riddler D44 diff Cover, Solid D30 Diff Cover, Novak TC Shifter.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepAubjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #155
trent5501
2007 JK Wrangler 

New lift & tires

35x12.50 BFG KM2
trent5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #156
n8crwlr
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

both offer "protection"

b_c
Condoms and a drool bucket?
Unread 04-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #157
akonius
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
ha...
[SIZE="4"]it feels good to have the jeep back...even better to get it back and mysteriously the "clunk" is gone. they said they looked everywhere (like i had) and couldn't find anything loose in the suspension or steering components, but that "they took a wrench to everything." (<coughing> bllsht)
Hey - I know EXACTLY what the "clunk" was because I JUST went thru the same thing 2 weeks ago and got it resolved. It was the Trackbar bolt! Just SLIGHTLY loose...it is supposed to be torqued to 125lbs. It must have loosened a bit and whammo - the clunk when I turned the wheel. Well, we got a cheater bar on the bolt and cranked the bejeezus out of it...it only turned 1/4 turn. That's all it took - never heard the clunk again.

So, if it ever comes back again, now you know how to fix it and not have to rely on your dealer taking pot shots on your rig to figure it out!
akonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #158
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceface View Post
Some kind of skid, diff cover or rockers???
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent5501
New lift & tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8crwlr
Condoms and a drool bucket?

lol...no needy condoms anymore; i'm married

keep tryin' guys...here's another couple of clues. the big item goes on the front, and the small item goes on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceface
p.s. where is this cash flow for mods coming from. I want on the band wagon!!!
...not uncle sam. had to pay taxes this year

actually, we're gonna close on a refi on our house...getting our escrow back from this year.

my wife gets a gucci purse and clothes...i get jeep stuff.

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 04-17-2009 at 08:13 AM..
Unread 04-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #159
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
lkeep tryin' guys...here's another couple of clues. the big item goes on the front, and the small item goes on the back.

...paid for them today. $310 total (w/ tax and delivery)...msrp was $299.99 for one and $49.99 for the other, so i saved over $75, at least!

shouldn't be but a week or so, and they'll be installed.

b_c

Unread 04-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #160
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

some pics from today's "rain run" out at scorp...

the jeep performed magnificently...well except for this...i started sliding and the back end fell into that rut. i couldn't wiggle it out, so i was strapped down.

here's a 2dr jk that was out there choosing the path less traveled (that's the same rut i was stuck in)

here's a group shot of some people in the group that made it out (jk's, tj's, and an xj):

b_c

Unread 04-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #161
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

my future is so bright...

...i've got another mod on order. since you guys haven't guessed the last two, i'm gonna go ahead and tell you what this one is. i found a heck of a deal on ebay on these replacement "tinted" windows, nib, for my soft top.

i'll write up the summary and the story when they arrive. keep guessing on the other two mods that are coming in. i'll give the correct guesser $2 in their jeepforum account if you can tell me EXACTLY what the two other mods are (mfgr, make, & model).

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 04-18-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #162
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

You're going to write up a summary and story on some replacement plastic windows?

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #163
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
You're going to write up a summary and story on some replacement plastic windows?
yup...

...gotta keep this journal going. so this mod is no exception. it gets its own bolded line and everything!

the seller contacted me this morning, so, bricktop, come back on wednesday to read all about it.

b_c

Unread 04-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #164
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

A mod is a mod!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #165
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KICKER32 View Post
tail light gaurds?
...i'll give you $1 of the $2 i'm giving away for planting the seed. uhhh...ummm. nvrmnd.

anyone want to guess what the other mod is going to be?

...here's another clue: O|||||||O

and bricktop, stay tuned. fed ex dropped off a replacement-window-sized-box. as soon as i get back from the baseball game i'll write up that summary you're waiting for.

GO 'STROS!!!

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 04-21-2009 at 11:12 PM..

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.